Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

I am finding it more effective to go to my financial adviser with my questions / issues and having his people get me the answers.

The multiply support has been very slow!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also don't have much luck with resolving issues through the normal support channels. I go to the advisor who then sends them to MultiplyEscalations@momentum.co.za which does seem to work.

Yup.. multiply escalations or through your advisor. Otherwise take your patience with your coffee in the morning

As much as I have experienced the same pains as mentioned above with Safe Days, I have found a little loophole that takes a hell of a lot of effort, but is effective.

I mostly now keep my location switched off and only put it on when I go on my route to work.

I then track my driving for a short 5min or something and then switch off my location again.

Weekends I track my route to the park where I take the dogs for their walk or for the first few km's of my morning ride.

It's a lot of effort and you have to be switched on almost the entire time not to forget, but I'll suck this one up and jump through the hoop to get my R6k bonus at the end of the year.

Are you guys going through call centre or a financial advisor?

As an advisor, the call centre irritates the living day lights out of me. Luckily I have an admin assistant that helps with queries that need to go through call centre. We also have direct numbers for people above call centre agents. 
For some reason, there are some people that are against having advisors. They think they pay more. In fact it is often the other way around.

33 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Are you guys going through call centre or a financial advisor?

As an advisor, the call centre irritates the living day lights out of me. Luckily I have an admin assistant that helps with queries that need to go through call centre. We also have direct numbers for people above call centre agents. 
For some reason, there are some people that are against having advisors. They think they pay more. In fact it is often the other way around.

I used the whatsapp call center number for that issue you were helping me with.

Person on the other end asked some very random questions like where do I stay. When I mentioned that I'm not a premium member and this could be the reason they wanted ID number etc. to confirm.

By this time you and I has already established the reason for my issue.

• 2 months later...

Multiply Inspire, Engage, Premier.
...Sigh...
What's the long and the short from those in the know?

Must say Momentum is losing me as a client for my life and disability cover. After forcing me the last couple of years to take more products from them to get enough discount, they went to far now.

Got a Sanlam quote and in the long run seems to be a lot better option. Any recommendations for other companies? 

19 hours ago, Wil6 said:

Must say Momentum is losing me as a client for my life and disability cover. After forcing me the last couple of years to take more products from them to get enough discount, they went to far now.

Got a Sanlam quote and in the long run seems to be a lot better option. Any recommendations for other companies? 

Slippery slope ....

Rewards programs have ONE aim .... to get clients to buy into a company's overall product range.

This general theme stretches accross banks all the insurance firms.

They each DO have SOME good products.  I doubt any one of them has the single best product for every thing you need ....

So easy to loose focus, and to start hunting rewards, as apposed to the best products.

As for life and disability cover .... in your 30's even 40's these are relatively affordable ....

Then two things happen:

1. Inflation erodes the previously astronomical cover figure ... and you start looking around....

2. You get an ingrown toe nail, or something that requires chronic meds .... man.o.man .... your new insurance becomes stupidly expensive !!!!!  Worse even, they often even impose limited cover for those very things that relate to your chronic meds.

As for point 1 .... inflation linked premiums seems a mathematical solution .... CHECK THE FINE PRINT .... 15 years ago the norm was somthing like a 7% premium increase (on an annual basis) ... BUT .... The cover would only increase by about 5% per annum ..... run those numbers over 20 or 30 years and you realise what a total scam this industry is ....

My lessons learnt from the school of hard knocks ....

Carefull of getting caught in hunting those high rewards levels ....

Life insurance industry ....okay, my take on this lot is forever tainted as my policies were impacted/linked/affected by the mid 1990's scandals where Sanlam and many others got wrapped on the nuckles .... our employer changed our group cover last year, i CHECKED the fine print.  Useless broker took weeks to try and get answers .... contract is full of smoke and mirrors, but the real cover information is "sparce" to put it mildly ....

Hope you manage to get good cover, with realistic premiums.

• 5 months later...

I haven’t had the time to work through this year’s 1001 Multiply changes as yet, but I see we have till 31/12 to choose if you move over to Multiply Inspire Plus.   I presume we don’t really have a choice and that is what we should do?

PS: getting tired of this yearly changes and changes and changes….

Agree, I tried reading the changes and got lost after second sentence. I blame it on IT okes who have to justify their existence and extremely high hourly charges.

4 hours ago, Dobri said:

Agree, I tried reading the changes and got lost after second sentence. I blame it on IT okes who have to justify their existence and extremely high hourly charges.

It’s actually Actuaries that calculate the feasibility and limits of the feasible region. It’s made to just be outside of the normal grasp of the consumer. Additional cover/policies/products is sold to make it “more achievable” but at a cost that benefits the providers bottom line. 🫣

• 3 weeks later...

So only the people who are on medical aid can go onto the new myltiply.  So the rest of my family (4) cannot be on multiply anymore as they are on my wifes government medical aid. 

IMG_1509.png