Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Just now, Long Wheel Base said:

Why is this so confusing? That is us as advisors are asking. It's really not an ideal situation. If we are confused, how do the powers that be think the regular client is going to be.

No medical aid - you won't have the option to "upgrade" to inspire. I use the word upgrade loosely.

the confusion is not limited to this medical aid and its rewards, try finding info around the other big player in this game and its almost impossible to get any information until you actually join them. 

I'm on Momentum M/A via work, am wondering if its worth the R195 per month for Multiply (the free version does not seem worth the admin)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

what about people without medical aid?

Why is this so confusing?

I ended the year on private club and Green health score - option do I take for the new year?

Forget the details ... for a second

The fundamental principle of a rewards program is to SELL their entire portfolio to each and every client !!!

Maximum benefits to those using all, or most, of their range of products.

The less products you buy into, the less rewards ....

As @Long Wheel Base has said a few times, the details are still sketchy at best.  But  I am sure this is the intention ....

And frankly, this goes for the entire financial industry and their wide range of rewards programs.  Including constantly moving goal posts, as they nudge you into buying into the new product ranges.

After 8 years, I'm no longer with Momentum. Switched to Sanlam life insurance. Paying a bit more, but I don't have to jump through hoops each month, and my cover is better.

The thing is with multiply, it's all fun and games if you are fit and healthy. But once that has gone out the window and when you need the cover the most, it is then when you will be paying through your ears 

Warning, dont go into the app and look at the upgrade options but then opt not to take them, someone from multiply will phone you very soon after and try and sell you into upgrading.

That other MA company has revised their rewards allocation that has resulted in:

• 30k less miles earned in 2023 compared to 2022 (for doing the same effort);
  • discount when using miles dropped from 20% to 15% (or 40% to 30% on 15th of each month).

And they word their mail that says, (not quoted) "you've saved..."

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

That other MA company has revised their rewards allocation that has resulted in:

• 30k less miles earned in 2023 compared to 2022 (for doing the same effort);
  • discount when using miles dropped from 20% to 15% (or 40% to 30% on 15th of each month).

And they word their mail that says, (not quoted) "you've saved..."

But thats not all ....

If you call NOW ....

You Savings account also reduced by 5% ....

May just sit down one day and compare the PREMIUMS to COVER of 2014 to 2024 .... not sure my pharmacy has enough Rennies ....

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

Warning, dont go into the app and look at the upgrade options but then opt not to take them, someone from multiply will phone you very soon after and try and sell you into upgrading.

How many family members on mulitply? IICR, 4 or less is cheaper on Inspire than premier. I am 5 members and it's going to be a little bit more. Inspire you now pay per member.

4 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

How many family members on mulitply? IICR, 4 or less is cheaper on Inspire than premier. I am 5 members and it's going to be a little bit more. Inspire you now pay per member.

none of the rest of my family are active, so I think it will just be me,

30 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

You Savings account also reduced by 5% ....

I'm on a plan without the savings.
Scary to think back to 2013/14, when I was last on full comprehensive, that I'm paying 50% more now, for a hospital plan + a few other day-to-day benefits, than the 50% contribution I was paying at that specific company. 

Worse, is the amount of money that goes to them every month - Medical, Life, Insurance, Money, etc.

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I'm on a plan without the savings.
Scary to think back to 2013/14, when I was last on full comprehensive, that I'm paying 50% more now, for a hospital plan + a few other day-to-day benefits, than the 50% contribution I was paying at that specific company. 

Worse, is the amount of money that goes to them every month - Medical, Life, Insurance, Money, etc.

Mine is through work, its tailor made for our company, but unfortunately only offers 2 very limited options, which quite frankly are rubbish.

5 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Why is this so confusing? That is us as advisors are asking. It's really not an ideal situation. If we are confused, how do the powers that be think the regular client is going to be.

No medical aid - you won't have the option to "upgrade" to inspire. I use the word upgrade loosely.

So i just stay as is? 

Locked into Pvt club - which I assume is a good thing.

was called by them but when I told the guy I was already a premier member he said there is nothing further to be done.

I am getting health returns as a top up for my medical aid savings as I am on different med aid - need to keep getting that 

16 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

So i just stay as is? 

Locked into Pvt club - which I assume is a good thing.

was called by them but when I told the guy I was already a premier member he said there is nothing further to be done.

I am getting health returns as a top up for my medical aid savings as I am on different med aid - need to keep getting that 

Different medical aid? Not momentum? Where do you health returns go? Do they go into momentum money? If so, that is going to change. Momentum money is now also going to be a completely different product. I need to confirm, but I think only your cash backs will go into the money card.

23 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Different medical aid? Not momentum? Where do you health returns go? Do they go into momentum money? If so, that is going to change. Momentum money is now also going to be a completely different product. I need to confirm, but I think only your cash backs will go into the money card.

Corporate (wooltru) Med aid, but linked to momentum in some way, so the health returns go to my medical aid savings every month.

So with all the products unbundled, the Health part does nothing more for life insurance discount etc, WRT healthy hearts etc etc

So what does leave on the Health (medical aid) part.    

The medical aid, health returns and Dischem vouchers?   What other benefits is there left there? 

1 hour ago, Jackes said:

So with all the products unbundled, the Health part does nothing more for life insurance discount etc, WRT healthy hearts etc etc

So what does leave on the Health (medical aid) part.    

The medical aid, health returns and Dischem vouchers?   What other benefits is there left there? 

The only benefits I see are the Health Returns and Vouchers (and online product discounts, e.g. Garmin). Given the disconnect, I am thinking of changing my short-term insurance as the only reason I have it with Momentum was to increase my points to improve my status and life insurance discount...

My broker has been helping to get me onto Inspire but its worth being aware that if your Multiply was linked to Fundsatwork or Myraid and not your Health Cover (my Medical is in my wife's name to avoid my company group scheme medical aid) you may need to apply as a "new Multiply / Inspire" person. I have asked that they try link my existing Multiply score and level to the new Inspire so I am not starting from scratch. Will update when I have news...