Bonus

Hope there is a fantasy league again, always adds to the fun and games, the highs and lows!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope there is a fantasy league again, always adds to the fun and games, the highs and lows!!

There will be  :thumbup:

Wow. What a fabulous Giro. Should have expected TD to do well after his last near miss. What a superb performance. If you add his toilet break in, he was would have won by minutes instead of seconds. Now the long wait to Le Tour. But ... lets not forget The Dauphene on the 1st. Oh well.

Patience. Patience. Patience.

Hopefully Porte will have a mechanical free Tour so we can see if he really has what it takes to lead a team in a GT. 

Was stuck on a 20hr travel back to SA on Sunday and over that time I went over the route in massive detail. 

Shoot me down here but that the course suites Valverde to a T. there are maybe 2 stages where he can be in trouble but if he limits losses to a minimal and doesn't have bad luck/crack over the 3 weeks, I see him winning it.

Was stuck on a 20hr travel back to SA on Sunday and over that time I went over the route in massive detail. 

Shoot me down here but that the course suites Valverde to a T. there are maybe 2 stages where he can be in trouble but if he limits losses to a minimal and doesn't have bad luck/crack over the 3 weeks, I see him winning it.

Isn't he riding in support of NQ though?

Tom Dumoulin's new bike for the TDFattachicon.giftd.jpg!

Ya poor guy. Did you see the fans running next to him during the Giro with toilet paper? Didn't look funny at the time. The poor guy was struggling to limit his losses. But ... that's fans for you.

Isn't he riding in support of NQ though?

Was wondering the same thing. He supposed to be but then things could change. NQ was definitely off his best ... or the rest was just better then in the past. Surprising considering he's been training to win both.

As I looked at it I thought that it also favours NQ.  It will be more work for Froome as he would normally use the TT to cement his lead.

Cool. Let's see how Shaper does this time around . . . .

;-)

Me and you start at the bottom of the log and work our way up as the tour progresses ... just like last year !! :)

As I looked at it I thought that it also favours NQ.  It will be more work for Froome as he would normally use the TT to cement his lead.

The double of Val and NQ could prove decisive. Froome will have a hard time dealing with them both. But ... wonder if NQ have exerted himself too much in the Giro?

The double of Val and NQ could prove decisive. Froome will have a hard time dealing with them both. But ... wonder if NQ have exerted himself too much in the Giro?

It will be interresting as many times in history where you had two GC contenders in one team it turned out to be a huge disadvantage as you end up with more infighting and completely loose scope of the GC itself.  I also think that NQ propably over extended himself with the Giro.  It has been a very long time since someone successfully tried a double and succeeded. I think Contador also tried it not too long ago and it did cost him the TDF.  Not even juiced up LA even tried it.  Movistar will propably have a look in the first mountain stages to see who has the legs and that person will become the GC contender.  My money is on Valverde.

If Sky has a proper team selection and doesn't have to rely on the donkeys from last year like Lopez, they should have at least as much firepower as Movistar on the hills,if not more.

If Sky has a proper team selection and doesn't have to rely on the donkeys from last year like Lopez, they should have at least as much firepower as Movistar on the hills,if not more.

I reckon the team will be very similar to their Dauphine squad. Which is already super strong.

Archived