The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

Amy Beth won the Southern Skies 24hours two years ago... beating a certain Alex Harris. He said he just couldn't keep up with her on the single-track. They both clocked 420+kms  :thumbup:

Hannelie Steyn at Trans Afrika 2015....

Wow, thanks - One of those days I was wrong on the interwebs...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy Beth won the Southern Skies 24hours two years ago... beating a certain Alex Harris. He said he just couldn't keep up with her on the single-track. They both clocked 420+kms [emoji106]

Another very tough athlete

I'm not. she's probably sitting in the shade during the heat of the day - best time to rest.

got a reply from race office - so jeannie is not actually racing for the win in terms of prizemoney. would be bragging rights to win line honours too, but she's got about a 5 hour lead in the women's cat - so failry comfortable.

prize categories are a bit funny if you ask me., if you apply this year's rules to last year's results, then john ntuli would win the development category, and gran usher would win the mens even though he crossed the line 2nd.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if JD did win she would hand over her prize money to charity she supports.

Wow, thanks - One of those days I was wrong on the interwebs...

Two races out of a couple thousand over the last 5yrs... your point was pretty well founded  :thumbup:

And I only know because I happened to be riding and witness it all

office braai...see y'all later

Poor planning on your office's part[emoji12]

But

Enjoy

Bliksem, being in the air, and not seeing any dots looking out the window has been tough.. but I'm up to date now. Thank goodness.

Was fortunate to have had the chance of slowing Giles down during 3towers earlier this year. Rooting strongly for him.

The amount of dedication and time and mental fortitude, for an event like this is astounding.

Sounds like it is taken to another level, being a way of life for the dreyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and we're up to 54 pages!

the 2015 thread got to 96, but the two 2016 threads combined are on 81 already... :ph34r:

Another super exciting year!

So, will you do it?

And some cool tunes on the handlebars as you wind your way through the Karoo ????????

I can't believe how little work I have actually done today and instead spent the time alternating between the dots and this thread......... :blush:  

Archived