taxi hit cyclists - christian de wet road : near my house - aish

mudda

Yup, exactly there.

The robot just before this is also super dangerous for cyclists. The taxis use the emergency lane there to bypass the backed up traffic at speed. Have seen about 5 riders knocked down there in the last couple of years.https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/66+Christiaan+de+Wet+Rd,+Randburg,+2169/@-26.0914815,27.9265947,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1e95757e4dc47b5b:0xa74728aaa5e0f723

F a r k.....I ride that stretch of road more times than I care to remember. Have been doing so for the past 5 years and never seen an incident involving a cyclist.

It's actually freaky to think how easily "that could be me" when you see a road you know like the back of your hand!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that Darrel is ok. Close to home this one in many ways. Ride that piece of road at least twice a week and know of the Fitz-Gerald brothers from MX. Scary and sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WrightJnr

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Yeah. But not if your'e the innocent victim of an unlicensed driver, in an unroadworthy taxi, who does not give a rats arse if your'e alive or dead. Or if he kills his passengers. Makes me so angry.

Yeah. But not if your'e the innocent victim of an unlicensed driver, in an unroadworthy taxi, who does not give a rats arse if your'e alive or dead. Or if he kills his passengers. Makes me so angry.

Thanks for this pearl of wisdom...

He didn't get a puncture. He was almost killed...

Don't think I've read such a stupid comment in a long time...

Mmmmm just an observation but I see that quote at the bottom of all BSG's posts so I don't think it was meant in this specific context but rather as a cyclist in general. Probably in the wrong place though clearly?

In BSG's defence (I don't know him)

At the bottom of every post he has is the quoted "bad day cycling is better..."

And the first part of his post is commentary on it being another accident by an idiot who doesn't give **** about those around him. And nothing will come of any action against the driver. BSG doesn't make it to be nothing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Completely wrongly taken up, what I meant was, if we say something regarding the taxi's way of driving we might be called racists or anti taxi or something like that. We are living in a country where lawlessness rules and whatever or however way we try to make things right always gets thrown into a racist debate. Sorry if it was misunderstood, didn't mean that the cyclist were wrong here!

Completely wrongly taken up, what I meant was, if we say something regarding the taxi's way of driving we might be called racists or anti taxi or something like that. We are living in a country where lawlessness rules and whatever or however way we try to make things right always gets thrown into a racist debate. Sorry if it was misunderstood, didn't mean that the cyclist were wrong here!

Understood. It just seemed like a bit of a downplay on what happened. Like an "oh well, you win some you lose some" kind of blase comment.

Darrel is a mate of mine, so this is close to home...

Understood. It just seemed like a bit of a downplay on what happened. Like an "oh well, you win some you lose some" kind of blase comment.

Sorry if taken up wrongly, didn't mean it in a negative way regarding cyclists

Don't worry, just put it down as a little roidrage ;)

This is scary, and its so common to see a taxi driving in the yellow lane.

Glad to hear the rider is still with us, heal up soon.

Ja well what shall we say............

That applies to people who hate their jobs or have a *** jobs and are not willing to do something about it............you need a job to pay for your bikes!

Unless you don't need to work and can afford to cycle.........now that is the plan to work towards

Wow... I feel sick after watching that!

Glad Darrel is 'OK' in life terms, in reality i would be scared to ride a bike again...

Is he doing 947 this weekend? Does he have another bike?

Right outside our estate, cycle that section very often.

Super scary!! Glad your mate is ok! Won't be showing this video to my wife......

Also ride HP often but am battling to place this spot.

Is this going out towards Silverstar or the other way?

Also ride HP often but am battling to place this spot.

Is this going out towards Silverstar or the other way?

Not HP, Christiaan De Wet just past the new Virgin Active coming from Clearwater side. Posted a pin on previous page.