The Classics

'Dale

What a finish! Congrats Mathieu. 2 wins in a week.

That avg. speed – 43km/h for over 6 hours. 😲

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Ohhhh Pog went and got himself into trouble there....

Amazing race.

Anyone else see the Climate Change/Vegan wandering around the finishing straight?

For those that missed it

EF7DF80E-5E79-4106-BAE4-6A6E210051A2.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Pog gave that one away.

Nah. He just got beaten on the day. He'll teach the world how to climb mountains and smash and ITT, but duking out with the big(gest) dogs takes something different. He learned that today. He learned the most today, the others just learned MVDP is better

28 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

STUNNING WIN!! 

Dwars door Vlaanderen AND Tour de Flanders wins in four days.  Amazing.

TELEMMGLPICT000291611436-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIz9k54y6L9Cs8TRgrJ4knnq6s5AIHM-aSI_5StbImU0.jpg.451134e78460d934db7d54e7ef535d81.jpg

Edit:  And by a second division team nogal.

Isn't this his 2nd day of racing? I'd say he has a future racing bicycles! 

Edit oh, the race last weekend... Missed that, but he won a stage there too... 

Edited by lechatnoir

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

If this is the biggest error he makes as a pro, it’s not a massive one.

Besides the sprinting mistake, if he wanted to win the race his tactics was also just wrong.  He should have put the hammer down for the last 5km to try and get rid of MvP, he was never going to out sprint M.

So wasn’t much of a Pog fan until today, what an awesome race. Friggin great to see a grand tour champ slugging it out in Belgium. Both he and vdP were willing to sacrifice everything for the win.

for supporters it really doesn’t get better than that.

37 minutes ago, Knersboy said:

So wasn’t much of a Pog fan until today, what an awesome race. Friggin great to see a grand tour champ slugging it out in Belgium. Both he and vdP were willing to sacrifice everything for the win.

for supporters it really doesn’t get better than that.

this ☝️

great race.....MvDP is one cool customer....experience is now on his side....roll on the next weeks...best time of the road cycling season 

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

Besides the sprinting mistake, if he wanted to win the race his tactics was also just wrong.  He should have put the hammer down for the last 5km to try and get rid of MvP, he was never going to out sprint M.

I’m not so sure. Pogacar packs a nasty sprint. Especially after 200+ km. His best chance would have obviously been on the Oude Kwarenmont or Paterberg, and he tried try to get rid of MVDP there, but couldn’t. Chances of dropping him on the flat run in to the finish (like 5km out) wouldn’t have worked.

Second best chance would have been to really wind up the sprint from about 1km to go to deter that explosive acceleration from MVDP. The run in to the finish last year was really fast and that’s how Asgreen managed to win. Two years ago with WVA it was cat and mouse and slow run in to the line and same result as today. 

What a ride by one of the most versatile bike riders, alongside Wout, Pidcock and Mathieu. Winning all the Monuments seem to be the ultimate plan while wearing the Golden Fleece on the Parisian pavè for as many seasons as possible.

Wonder what Wout was thinking from his coach, sipping on his beer, as that finalè played out.