Anti-Doping Rule Violation: Tyronne White

News bot

One would 'assume' they can name the meds given to him for the chunderi then??

which begs the question; whom should take responsibilty on this- the medics stocking meds thats on banned list; or should the riders sit and google each pills ingredients before popping them....

The RIDER is responsible for what medication he/she takes - NOTHING to do with the medics who treat him - they treat his medical condition as MEDICALLY appropriate - anti doping rules are sports rules - NOT medical rules - and the medic is only obliged to treat the patient to the best of their ability - in point of fact I would not be surprised at all if a recommendation was made to the athlete to not continue participation in the event due to their medical condition - fortunately. medics are also NOT POLICEMEN, and often patients continue on Against Medical Advice......

As much as I like Ty - he knows it's his responsibility to check what he takes before he takes it - and he does take responsibility for it - all he can do really is ask for a reduction in penalty on some kind of basis - such as not being in full command of his senses at the time due to his medical condition (perhaps somewhat understandable) - as a mitigating factor for the penalty

The only person to blame here is Ty - unless the medic made a mistake about what they treated him with and actually gave him an incorrect drug (not the one the meant to give him - so opened the wrong packet basically - and somehow didn't notice).

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why does the race medical shed even have banned stuff to administer to competitors...? If your condition is bad enough to warrant requiring "the good stuff", then you should need to pull out of the race and declare requiring banned meds as the reason.

See my comment on whose medication rules the anti doping rules are..... and if you read the anti doping rules, you will notice the athlete is responsible for what they take....

I treat patient/athletes as they need to be treated medically - they can choose to follow or not follow my advice at their own risk - and this includes withdrawing from a race, or asking for a TUE form to be completed at the time.

Remember - there is no course at medical school that qualifies a doctor on the contents of the restricted drug list.... they are NOT obliged to know at all - and actually in my opinion, should not care what is on the list - just treat the patient appropriately for their condition.

Jip, riders know full and well what they are taking and why.

A healthy male cyclist should not have to take any medification for anything, and yet every pro seems to have a disease that is only treatable with some dodgy meds...

Is it just me, or is this just too convenient?

All this talk of riders not knowing that they took something fishy is bull.

I may be wrong but I can't see why any emergency tent would administer a cortisone for nausea or dehydration. Nowhere is it mentioned in his explanation that he had an allergic reaction to something.

I may be wrong but I can't see why any emergency tent would administer a cortisone for nausea or dehydration. Nowhere is it mentioned in his explanation that he had an allergic reaction to something.

Its a glucocorticiod  - there are many uses....

Noted V12, I have given Phenergan as an anti -emetic but never heard of dexamethasone been used. Will have to read up further.

Think I pretty clearly stated, ultimate responsibilty stops with the athlete a page earlier.

The RIDER is responsible for what medication he/she takes - NOTHING to do with the medics who treat him - they treat his medical condition as MEDICALLY appropriate - anti doping rules are sports rules - NOT medical rules - and the medic is only obliged to treat the patient to the best of their ability - in point of fact I would not be surprised at all if a recommendation was made to the athlete to not continue participation in the event due to their medical condition - fortunately. medics are also NOT POLICEMEN, and often patients continue on Against Medical Advice......

As much as I like Ty - he knows it's his responsibility to check what he takes before he takes it - and he does take responsibility for it - all he can do really is ask for a reduction in penalty on some kind of basis - such as not being in full command of his senses at the time due to his medical condition (perhaps somewhat understandable) - as a mitigating factor for the penalty

The only person to blame here is Ty - unless the medic made a mistake about what they treated him with and actually gave him an incorrect drug (not the one the meant to give him - so opened the wrong packet basically - and somehow didn't notice).

Its a glucocorticiod  - there are many uses....

True . . . very many uses.  I am not arguing  with you. 

Noted V12, I have given Phenergan as an anti -emetic but never heard of dexamethasone been used. Will have to read up further.

But as an anti-emetic ? In a first aid setting at a race.  

Surely metoclopramide, cyclizine, promethazine, ondansetron  is preferred anti-emetics available on the market in this context? 

Edited by IH8MUD

Who knows. Half his posts don't make sense. The other half are about it being Friday or quoting the velominati rules.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Ha! True indeed