Not every cyclist/motorist encounter is 'serious' ;)

NotSoBigBen

So this morning a young lady doing the school run nearly pushes me off the road and almost immediately slows down and apologizes:-

Mom - 'Sorry, I was going to park'

Little voice from the back - 'No she wasn't, she was on her phone!'

As an aside love that MonsterCross even at 30k's+ an hour I just hopped off the tar and onto the verge, no harm, no foul :)

Had to do an impromptu FTP test as a commuter put me under serious pressure and didn't want to let the lycra chaps down  :eek:  - I did keep up with the Tata Indica's and Chery QQ's with relative ease though so there is that  :devil:

:clap: 10/10 for the little voice in the back "No she wasn't she was on her phone" I bet he didn't get tuckshop money. 

Was gonna say no happy meal for him today  :w00t:

lady doing the school run

I've had way more encounters with these woman doing school runs than I have had with Taxis and that's way more.

Out the mouth of kids (comes the truth) !!

Glad that you kept the lycra name high, wouldn't expect anything less of you though !!

I wonder whether Mom is going to think twice next time using her phone when driving...

At least she taught her kid difference between right and wrong

Probably not. 

You can lead a horse to water...................

.....but you can't get him off his smartphone.

Highjack on:

Does expensive German cars come out with Bluetooth?

#justasking

#drivingaford

Highjack off:

even my cheap chev bakkietjie has bloutand

Besides, whatsapp takes up a lot of concentration – we all know what happens when you accidentally send the wrong message to the hockey group...  

Eish, bad mistakes lingers on FFFFOOOOOORRRRREEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!! #neversaydie

Besides, whatsapp takes up a lot of concentration – we all know what happens when you accidentally send the wrong message to the hockey group...  

Something you will never live down!!

Edited by shaper

.....but you can't get him off his smartphone.

Highjack on:

Does expensive German cars come out with Bluetooth?

#justasking

#drivingaford

Highjack off:

Wife and I specially put in radio's "wiff bloutand" in our 19-voetsek car and bakkie , just to be safer...surely they can take a few seconds to connect their phones to the fancy blueteeth?

Highjack on...

I wonder how many families have been affected by people using their phones while driving and texting...read a study once that it's even worse than drinking and driving, with their eyes off the road for 3 to 5 seconds (sometimes more)...just imagine what can happen on a highway in those few seconds...scary.

Highjack off...