Need advice! Getting screwed by local hubber

Tom wells

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a car to deliver the wheels for him but you don't have R1800 for a freehub body or R4700 to refund him for a few days until you can resell them? That's absolute BS. If you actually wanted to, you could make a plan and presumably so can the person that bought the bike with these wheels in the first place (if he has to sell the bike to finance it then that's your and his problem, not the buyers)... You placed an incorrect ad (accidentally) and he relied on that information in making the purchase - why are you even debating it? You know what you have to do.

So i should sell my car to refund the wheels then?? fantastic solution. Why didnt i think of that?? 

This thread is turning into a real ballache.

Get it machined FFS. - R500 and split the cost 50/50.

And if you're to piss poor i'll contribute R200

This is an affordable solution for both myself and the seller.. R500 or even R800 for a good second hand Freehub that will work.. 

I respectfully disagree, for those of us that constantly travel for work this is everything but the case and a pipe dream at best.

I've for example bought some real pricey items on a number of occasions and only got to inspect it a couple of weeks down the line, seeing that it was delivered to my wife whilst I was abroad.

I fail to understand why this matter is even being debated, the seller ^%$^ed up, finish en klaar. Man up, fix your mistake by either refunding the seller or coming to an amicable agreement (even repaying him over 3 months) and stop trying to rationalise your actions.

It's because of nonsense like this that our beloved country is in it's current unfortunate state.

Respectfully disagree.

If you can't afford to take the risk of buying used, given your travel restraints, then you should not buy used? Using the logic of some other comments, if you can afford to travel, you can afford to buy new and not have to worry.

The seller did screw up. And an immediate spot of that screw up would have most certainly meant he was totally in the wrong. However, he left it for far too long.

He had the time to take it to a LBS. His first instruction could have been to make sure re cassettes fitment. But he did nothing. So now his right to claim is passed, and he must pay his school fees.

Not everyone can afford to have 5 grand sitting around endlessly, and just because you had it at one stage, doesn't mean you'll have it again, or all the time.

So i should sell my car to refund the wheels then?? fantastic solution. Why didnt i think of that??

Your mate purchased the wrong wheels for his bike so he sold them on ??

Assuming that you went on to help him buy Campy wheels with the cash from this sale ?

I mean he did want new wheels for his bike and didn't need the money elsewhere... So Maybe he should sell his wheels or bike and arrange a refund. Clean up your mess and move on, it's not the buyers fault.

Ai tog. If the buyer only stuck to Rouxtjie's rule of a 1000 posts.

Looks like I won't be buying that frame... Zero posts by the seller.

CURSE YOU ROUXTJIE !!!

WOW! I honestly didn't intend for this to blow up. 

Thanks @Riyad for replying - I thought you had maybe blocked me on whatsapp or something because I hadn't had a reply for a week.

Lets get to facts - it's clear that we need to see the whatsapp conversation to confirm whether I'm guilty of being nasty in all the ways that I'm being accused (deformation of character, calling you a cheater and a scammer, shafting me, etc). Please take a look in your own whatsapp history before you post garbage for all these hubbers to read - I'm not sure why you would make this stuff up when I can simply upload the whatsapp history?

Whatsapp history available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ViAP-D7mv_RHpBS09ud0RXX2s

Please feel free to read through and make up your own mind guys.

I am fairly comfortable that I dealt with you incredibly well considering the situation, so at least I can sleep well tonight. Thank you to everyone that offered up a bunch of great solutions. I thought I was stuck with replacing hub as the only option, but I will find out about the machining option, especially if others have had good success. 

@Riyad - I'm happy to call this issue dead - unfortunately I don't yet qualify as a "guy with big pockets" - but I actually don't want anything from you.

Best regards,

Tom

WOW! I honestly didn't intend for this to blow up.

Thanks @Riyad for replying - I thought you had maybe blocked me on whatsapp or something because I hadn't had a reply for a week.

Lets get to facts - it's clear that we need to see the whatsapp conversation to confirm whether I'm guilty of being nasty in all the ways that I'm being accused (deformation of character, calling you a cheater and a scammer, shafting me, etc). Please take a look in your own whatsapp history before you post garbage for all these hubbers to read - I'm not sure why you would make this stuff up when I can simply upload the whatsapp history?

Whatsapp history available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ViAP-D7mv_RHpBS09ud0RXX2s

Please feel free to read through and make up your own mind guys.

I am fairly comfortable that I dealt with you incredibly well considering the situation, so at least I can sleep well tonight. Thank you to everyone that offered up a bunch of great solutions. I thought I was stuck with replacing hub as the only option, but I will find out about the machining option, especially if others have had good success.

@Riyad - I'm happy to call this issue dead - unfortunately I don't yet qualify as a "guy with big pockets" - but I actually don't want anything from you.

Best regards,

Tom

The wheel will turn. All the best with this Tom

I know this might be against the general trend here, and the sellers are definitely wrong right now, but...

One, if it was an honest mistake with some strange circumstances, I get it. I've made the same myself with one or two parts sold, hell, I once made one guy meet ........

Flame on.

Well put

Edited by LeoKnight

Or does the op no longer really want the wheels ? 3 weeks is a farily long time to come to this conclusion . Or is it just me that would have them on my bike in 2/3 days .

I dont know man, if it was me it probably would have taken the same amount of time.

I would have taken it to the bike shop to get new tubbies glued on and make sure brake pads were good etc etc. Maybe look at them for a bit to admire them, then when conditions were perfect take them out for their first ride.

But then again Im a bit weird like that!