SA Customs

TrailWarrior

I was just asking... no need for exclamation marks! hahahahahaha

That R288 figure is weird.

I have a couple of parcels due from CRC. I sincerely hope I don't fall afoul of SAPO like you have.

A fork, some grips and some SS drop bar brake levers. I hope it's reasonable.

I have budgeted for 2100 zar but hoping its closer to R1600.

Ha ha ha sorry for that. Typing without checking first. Sorry for that. Lol

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of the story: Don't import if you do not have patience.

Hopefully the surround sound I get through my amp using this box to split sound from picture on the HDMI output from my Android based TV will be worth the wait. At least my neighbours will feel the vibrations from the sub-woofer.

That is my problem, serious lack of patience.

My son says, "Customs will teach you patience"

Also waiting for a few parcels to arrive.

1 x CRC and the rest from China.

Some of the stuff got here hustle free but 2 things seem to be taking a very long time and 1 of those I'm thinking I'll never get (not SAPO fault IMO).

That is my problem, serious lack of patience.

My son says, "Customs will teach you patience"

Also waiting for a few parcels to arrive.

1 x CRC and the rest from China.

Some of the stuff got here hustle free but 2 things seem to be taking a very long time and 1 of those I'm thinking I'll never get (not SAPO fault IMO).

Just pray it arrives.

I just waited 7 weeks for something to arrive from Hong Kong...opened the package as I was walking out the Post Office.....and found an empty box.

Someone either at Customs or at the PO opened the package, removed the contents, closed the package back up again, and then sent it to me.

Hi again. Another question (please don't flame me, have had enough flaming..)

If I import from the USA, but their products are manufactured in China, what will the country of origin be? US or China?

Is there any difference in duties then?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi again. Another question (please don't flame me, have had enough flaming..)

If I import from the USA, but their products are manufactured in China, what will the country of origin be? US or China?

Is there any difference in duties then?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Country of origin is where it is made, not shipped from.

Difference in duties? depends what items you are importing - but in general, the rates will be the same for most products.

Country of origin is where it is made, not shipped from.

Difference in duties? depends what items you are importing - but in general, the rates will be the same for most products.

So if you import a pair of shoes and a pair of bibs from CRC, but they were originally made in Vietnam and China respectively, are you saying that there would be two countries of origin??? Surely not?

So if you import a pair of shoes and a pair of bibs from CRC, but they were originally made in Vietnam and China respectively, are you saying that there would be two countries of origin??? Surely not?

each item imported is classified accordingly to its tariff code and country of origin.

Ordered 2 x tubbies from CRC on monday, at R500 odd for the both. R200 odd for dhl, due for delivery tomorrow. No duties payable.

Save R100 off the best local price ( which excludes shipping)

Happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi guys!

sorry for digging up this old thread

i had a parcel ship out of Germany (using DHL paket) on the 31/05/17 yesterday (12/06/17) i was notified by tracking that the shipment was being prepared for customs clearance.

how long is this process and when could i expect to get my hands on the parcel?

Hi guys!

sorry for digging up this old thread

i had a parcel ship out of Germany (using DHL paket) on the 31/05/17 yesterday (12/06/17) i was notified by tracking that the shipment was being prepared for customs clearance.

how long is this process and when could i expect to get my hands on the parcel?

Hi and welcome to Bike Hub.

DHL is super jacked and from that notification it usually takes no more than 2 days. 

Seriously **** the post office.

Friends shipped a parcel to me from Oz weeks ago, it hit our customs in days. Now it's been sitting in customs for almost a month.

Nobody repsonds to emails.

Bunch of wankers. I hope that the privatization of the mail sector renders all these morons jobless.

Seriously **** the post office.

Friends shipped a parcel to me from Oz weeks ago, it hit our customs in days. Now it's been sitting in customs for almost a month.

Nobody repsonds to emails.

Bunch of wankers. I hope that the privatization of the mail sector renders all these morons jobless.

Same. I had a parcel depart the States on 28 April, arrived in Jo'burg on 3 May, and has been stuck there ever since. Had an update on 3 June ZAJNBA, ZA DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, so hopefully it means it's either being processed, or has been processed. Also having no luck with email communication.

Hi and welcome to Bike Hub.

DHL is super jacked and from that notification it usually takes no more than 2 days. 

Hi Iwan, DHL paket is not the DHL express service we all know, its basically regular mail. i know this because the parcel will be handed over to SAPO. This is why i ask how long it might take to "clear" customs

Edited by Customshelp