Bike Hub Features

I was told once, that most of the German cars and car manufacturers we love today were the backbone of German World War fleet and artillery "driving" ideals which are against everything a proud South African should stand for.

That particular person vowed never to drive one of their vehicles.

I was born way after all this, so I just smiled and nodded, taking note.

Are there any such concerns when it comes to German bikes

Trump?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told once, that most of the German cars and car manufacturers we love today were the backbone of German World War fleet and artillery "driving" ideals which are against everything a proud South African should stand for.

That particular person vowed never to drive one of their vehicles.

I was born way after all this, so I just smiled and nodded, taking note.

Are there any such concerns when it comes to German bikes

The American automotive industry have punted the 'Jap-crap' tag on Japanese cars after WW2 as well. The main motive was that American car makers could not compete with the Japanese cars on pricing and production capacity. Consumer boycotts are damaging in the long run (Except when it comes to boycotting Silverbacks of course. After seeing the Monkey's attitude towards other brands I would not ride one even if you give me one for free).

I'm on a Cube and I dig it.

Probably could've contributed in a more meaningful way but it's Friday and I just don't wanna. But now you know.

Probably could've contributed in a more meaningful way but it's Friday and I just don't wanna. But now you know.

Bought a Cube Hardtail 18 months ago and pretty sure my next Road Bike will be a Cube as well.

Spelling mistake in the thread title... should be "Where are ze German bikes?"

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/111/795/Image1.png

I'd smaaaaaak to try one their road bikes. Have been looking and the want is growing..

So in a nutshell... there are a lot of german bikes out there... some more desirable than others and some that just fly under the radar because most don't know they are german!

So in a nutshell... there are a lot of german bikes out there... some more desirable than others and some that just fly under the radar because most don't know they are german!

But the Silverback is by far the best one out there!

But the Silverback is by far the best one out there!

Maybe will have to trade in my bike to see what the Silverback is all about.. or maybe N+1... for now will stick with my Niners :)