• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noord-Transvaal?

Bhahahaha---Thanks Iwan that made my day!!  Well done Lance B, great article

Ich habe keine Ahnung, wo deutsche Fahrräder sind

If you're in Germany just look out the window .... They ride in all weather don't they .... Often wondered what some of them were doing, stress testing wetsuits or something?

Just like summer is 2 weeks in June but every second car is a cabriolet ????

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

If you're in Germany just look out the window .... They ride in all weather don't they .... Often wondered what some of them were doing, stress testing wetsuits or something?

Even the moms when they ride to school with the kids on bikes.  They are not worried about the rain.

Just like summer is 2 weeks in June but every second car is a cabriolet

That is true.  Can't quite figure it out.  I find that the Germans (and propably the rest of the Europeans) are actually pansies when it gets to cold weather.  Everything is air conditioned and warm.  When they go outside they dress like we are living in Siberia.  The looks I get when I walk outside in a T-Shirt in say 10 degrees is rather funny.  But even in the middle of winter with a meter of snow, if the sun pops out, they can't get the roof of the convertable off quickly enough.

Perhaps you should check their website, been around in Germany for last 45 years or so... whether they are popular or not is beside the point.... or in fact is the point of the article... where are the German bikes and why are they not popular unless bespoke.

Think the Silverback Sesta was/is trying to put themselves back on the map

The Sesta for the price is in a class of its own, one the best bikes out there for less than anything else. It is a magnificent bike and by looking at all the Sestas popping up on local tracks and xc events, it has definitely put SB back on the map.

Even the moms when they ride to school with the kids on bikes.  They are not worried about the rain.

That is true.  Can't quite figure it out.  I find that the Germans (and propably the rest of the Europeans) are actually pansies when it gets to cold weather.  Everything is air conditioned and warm.  When they go outside they dress like we are living in Siberia.  The looks I get when I walk outside in a T-Shirt in say 10 degrees is rather funny.  But even in the middle of winter with a meter of snow, if the sun pops out, they can't get the roof of the convertable off quickly enough.

My neighbour cycles her 3 little ones to school everyday.Weather makes no difference to her as they wear snow suites.Strange thing is her kids are never sick but mine that take the bus often have colds.

Saw a Audi TT in mid March last year that was covered inside in snow.Sun was out and guy parked it but a few minutes later we had our last snow of the year :oops:  :D

My neighbour cycles her 3 little ones to school everyday.Weather makes no difference to her as they wear snow suites.Strange thing is her kids are never sick but mine that take the bus often have colds.

Saw a Audi TT in mid March last year that was covered inside in snow.Sun was out and guy parked it but a few minutes later we had our last snow of the year :oops:  :D

Thats why.  Those public transport containers have lots of goggas being redistributed in there.

The Sesta for the price is in a class of its own, one the best bikes out there for less than anything else. It is a magnificent bike and by looking at all the Sestas popping up on local tracks and xc events, it has definitely put SB back on the map.

Oh yay, here we go again....