Strava "Heroes"

Pure Savage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, on the topic of "borrowed KOM's", just came across a KOM I lost to an oke who apparently did close to 100Km/h on a section of road which is supposed to be 80Km/h - a certain stretch which I ranted at ignorant drivers over on Facebook last week, after almost getting knocked off my bike twice on the same afternoon. WTF?!

Ride flagged!

Haha was thinking of you when I posted it actually, you guys need to compare notes!

I've actually used Strava a few times to resolve prize money queries in the open groups - the last being in Feb last year. There was a case of the rider having his chip mounted in the correct place (the finish line photos proved it too), but for some reason the chip didn't pick up at the finish and was therefore excluded from the results. A little PI work, and all was sorted - 3 happy prize winners, and one grumpy service provider.

No that is not all

Otto is breaking the law. The speed limit on the M3 is 60 km/h and on the N1 it is 120 

He is doing 20km/h over the speed limit on the M3. 

On the M5 he is exceeding the speed limit by 35km/h

On the N1 he exceeds the speed limit for more than 8km by 10 - 30km/h

Cycling road or not, he does not belong ON THE ROAD at all. Potential KILLER.

I dont want to get involved ...but have you never broken the speed limit/or any law? just sounding petty..

Look forward to the email every week!

KOMDefender - an easy way to flag people who "forget" to turn off their GPSes.

Me too! Except when it says that there were no activities to check up on :(

I had one for a while. No one phoned and offered me a pro contract tho. I'm not sure why.

lemme guess, on your road bike :huh:

lemme guess, on your road bike :huh:

Haha. No. It was on an illegal trail on that has been made legal since. Interesting point tho. Do KOMS on illegal trails count?

Maybe THAT'S why the Syndicate didn't phone with that lucrative endorsement deal. Much like Sky's take on Dopers. The Syndicate doesn't endorse illegal trail riding.....

When I hear somebody at a braai say the words "Hey okes, MTBing is the new golf....." I simply walk away and go pour myself another GnT.

You pour... I pick up the bottle and go home.....

However - when the boys talk turns to methods of hair removal from legs.... then I am in for the duration......

I had one for a while. No one phoned and offered me a pro contract tho. I'm not sure why.

I had one once. 300m sprint across a grass field. Panties were dropping everwhere as I showed all and sundry my KOM.

Alas, it was snatched away from me and I've been living in shame ever since.