Strava "Heroes"

Pure Savage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try leaving a cycle race (was on of the Nissan Trailseeker jobs) on a bicycle.  

Had some of the closest calls that day on my way home.  And all were mountain bikers that just had no respect for other mountain bikers on the road and even off the road.

It was as if they just had this rush to get from the race to home for no clear reason.  And with no regard for the law.  passing other cars on solid lines and just doing the thing of we will do what we want to do and how we want to do it. With no respect for anyone else and in some cases no respect for the other people in the car and bakkies with them

At Paarl the road up to the taal monument.

AAAAALLLLLL of the fast times are downhillers in shuttles. I think the roadies gave up flagging 80 rides a week.

I give it to a trainee to do when work is slow at the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that is not all

Otto is breaking the law. The speed limit on the M3 is 60 km/h and on the N1 it is 120 

He is doing 20km/h over the speed limit on the M3. 

On the M5 he is exceeding the speed limit by 35km/h

On the N1 he exceeds the speed limit for more than 8km by 10 - 30km/h

Cycling road or not, he does not belong ON THE ROAD at all. Potential KILLER.

Coenie, I don't subscribe to this dude! Speeding does not make you a potential killer. The majority of those highways do not have a pedestrian in sight, there should not be a cyclist on them either and they are slow for the zones they are actually allocated. (We all know it's so that the cops taking pics of the cars have a greater opportunity to earn more cash.) 

I'll personally take a speedster paying attention to what they are doing on the open highways every day of the week above someone driving below the speed limit in the burbs texting on their phone, applying makeup, drinking coffee or reading the paper whilst driving! 

Coenie, I don't subscribe to this dude! Speeding does not make you a potential killer. The majority of those highways do not have a pedestrian in sight, there should not be a cyclist on them either and they are slow for the zones they are actually allocated. (We all know it's so that the cops taking pics of the cars have a greater opportunity to earn more cash.)

I'll personally take a speedster paying attention to what they are doing on the open highways every day of the week above someone driving below the speed limit in the burbs texting on their phone, applying makeup, drinking coffee or reading the paper whilst driving!

I have to agree here. Its a bit of a storm in a tea cup. In terms of traffic offenses, doing 20km/h is far less onerous than rolling through a stop street. This is where I enjoy driving in Germany. On a clear day there is no restrictions on the Autobahn, on a snow day the speed limit drops to 130km/h or 100km/h. It is probably safer on a clear day doing 100km/h on the M5 than doing 80km/h in a storm.

But is it CRAFT Gin?

ONLY!!

After the ToGH last year, we celebrated at SpiceRoute and ended buying several cases of Wilderer, love that! Musgrave is also a goodie, as is CPT Classic, Bombay Saphire but by far the best is Inveroche!! Yummy!

BUT, drink it with decent tonics!! Makes a huge difference.

My son bought his own Garmin. Forerunner 25 and he uses it for his sports. Problem is that it can only record "runs" so when he does a MTB ride it uploads to GC as a run and immediately shoots across to strava as a run. He changes the activity type afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONLY!!

After the ToGH last year, we celebrated at SpiceRoute and ended buying several cases of Wilderer, love that! Musgrave is also a goodie, as is CPT Classic, Bombay Saphire but by far the best is Inveroche!! Yummy!

BUT, drink it with decent tonics!! Makes a huge difference.

What would classify as a decent tonic and where can I find this Inveroche?

My only KOM is from the top of my street to the bottom on my MTB, also helps I'm the only cyclist in the street. I'm not concerned that someone on motorized transport will beat it either as there are 3 hefty speed humps that will kill their suspension. 

Edited by scotty

My new hero is the local oke who managed 7 KOM's and 9 Top 10's around Bloemendal and Majic - on one ride...

I expect him to lap the 2nd placed rider at XCO Cup today