Helmets..whats the best and the latest?

tunariaan

I still ride with a normal Spez helmet and it has safed my pup a few times.

I does feel like it simply not enough at the back lower head neck area.

I have seen these new more enduro types, what are they like.

Please share whats working for you and maybe pics plz.

I need something better on the technical decents but not a full face one.

Cheers

I still ride with a normal Spez helmet and it has safed my pup a few times.

This is a bit concerning.  From my understanding, a helmet is finished in terms of useful protection after one impact.

Perhaps if someone can also comment on MIPS? What's the deal - just marketing or does it greatly enhance safety?

Perhaps if someone can also comment on MIPS? What's the deal - just marketing or does it greatly enhance safety?

If you say MIPS loudly and with lots of vigor, it sounds like you are saying "ma se p&@s" really fast! Edited by Patchelicious

I've recently got a IXS Trail and it's been brilliant. Had Bell Super and found that to be really hot. That Spez looks good and there was a recently a Giant trail helmet that came out that was sneered about by many but has got rave reviews. 

My IXS has MIPS but haven't crashed in it so can't tell you if there is any difference. ;) 

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/helmets-and-protection/helmet-standard/product/review-giant-rail-mtb-helmet-49952/

Chain Reaction was having a clearance on Troy Lee helmets recently.

that 

I've recently got a IXS Trail and it's been brilliant. Had Bell Super and found that to be really hot. That Spez looks good and there was a recently a Giant trail helmet that came out that was sneered about by many but has got rave reviews. 

My IXS has MIPS but haven't crashed in it so can't tell you if there is any difference. ;)

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/helmets-and-protection/helmet-standard/product/review-giant-rail-mtb-helmet-49952/

Chain Reaction was having a clearance on Troy Lee helmets recently.

That Giant Rail helmet looks the business!

Now... where can I go try one on? 

I have a Bontrager Rally on order. I did a lot of research and really can't wait to get my hands on it. Will give feedback once I have used it for a bit.

post-59129-0-62862700-1488535547_thumb.jpg

I almost got the Giant Rail that you guys speak of. But after trying it on in the shop I found that there is not really any front padding (the pads that sit on your forehead). This felt slightly unconfortable so I assumed on a 5 hour ride it would just be horrible. Also, having no front padding I feared that the sweat just pour into my eyes.

Edited by Christofison

This is a bit concerning.  From my understanding, a helmet is finished in terms of useful protection after one impact.

Its also not designed for keeping dogs safe... rather wear it on your head and don't take the dog along when you ride your MTB

Its also not designed for keeping dogs safe... rather wear it on your head and don't take the dog along when you ride your MTB

or if you do make sure your mutt is full #enduro

post-15825-0-44503200-1488536435_thumb.jpg

This is a personal preference, but something that will guide my future helmet purchase is the availability of replacement inner pads. I have the IXS trail, which I think is a great helmet, but finding replacement pads is unreasonably difficult. 

I have the Spez Ambush and absolutely love it. It's extremely comfortable, very well ventilated and really light. Only downside is the price, which is a little high