Me and Mr Puffadder

Konaman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately it was a puffy and not a mamba or a Cape Cobra.

Puffys are not very aggressive, but very fast strikers. And they can pretty much strike the same distance as their length.

Cobras are more aggressive. I won't go back for a better looksee at a cobra.

Mambas are like the Boets of the snake world. Of you look twice at misses Mamba he will come knock on your door and look you in the eye before striking you.

I went back for a Cobra I thought i rode over at Contermans...then the head popped up. Yup also behind the bike!

Saw this fascinating creature at GRTP in December last year. Scared the bejesis out of me at first sight, but I really appreciated the encounter at the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-44934-1489350702331.jpg

post-44934-14893507304497.jpg

post-44934-14893507735068.jpg

We had a encounter with a boomslang at Jonkershoek on Friday. Sitting at the cafe at the gate, we heard a commotion in the bushes close to us. A cat came storming towards the bush, chasing a young boomslang up the tree. The cat was highly disgusted that we kept shouting at him to stay away

While huffing and puffing up a hill with the sun in my eyes, i almost greeted mr Puffadder , wanting to cross the road.  After this incident, i was wide awake on the bike.. Apologies for the bad quality. I am still trying to figure out the Gopro sessions 5 settings and software, for uploads. (Set quality to a higher setting when viewing for clarity) 

:thumbup:

You had to go back?

No boet.... while respecting the beauty and happy with live and let live... I categorically do not like snakes and give them a very wide berth. Yesterday in Dullestroom I drove over a little bridge and there was a chap (not sure what it was) crossing in front of me. On my return 20 mins later he was plonked in the middle of the same bridge. I stopped to get out of my car to shoo him along and by the time I got out he was gone. Was I weary of where he had gone to????.... back in that car in a jiffy.