MTB Rigid fork riders

Heel Drop

Sir 9 with ritchey fork still one of my best rides, that's a bike I won't sell, best for commutes, and best for smooth single track like modders or the spruit. I love it as a commuter because it's comfortable and if you need to climb onto the pavement to avoid old ladies it's all good, I'll do long gravel no issues. Will I do FUNGAALENS or 3 towers hell no too old and too little skill, if you got N+1 it's a must, he'll if you only can have 1 it's a must

I got a ON ONE with a carbon fork it feels like my first Raleigh, different forks different results

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Must be three times the price of the Sintesi frame?

I have no idea hey..he got the sintesi frame at a really good price and I only know this because I ordered the frame and it was a year end special.. but no clue what he paid for fork.

I'll ask Maybe he will remember , was a few years ago.

Edited by Gen

Have an ss with a rigid carbon fork

Love it so much.

Ride it more than my hardtail with carbon handlebars and correct tyre pressure it's great.

Make for stronger riding .

Once you go rigid you won't go back

And maintenance what maintenance.?

Alittle off topic, but has anyone tried the spank vibrocore bars?

I have a set on my Intense Tracer 29, best bars I've ever owned, noticeable difference in arm pump between my  RF Atlas bars and them after a full run down Peppercorns (SP2) at Hakahana

Dipslick gave me this fork for my SS. Love it

It seems Rapide doesn't have them anymore? Seriously looking at one, my suspension fork is going to give up the ghost soon, no money for a new one (or a rigid one, actually...).

Also, I only seem to find through-axle, my wheel is a QR

not all rigid forks are created equal. 

Please elaborate?

Also, steel or carbon? Maybe steel fork with carbon bar?

Edited by Belgarath

Please elaborate?

Also, steel or carbon? Maybe steel fork with carbon bar?

Specefically carbon... 

there are certain things money can buy

No rider weight limit on high end carbon forks

Great wheel tracking

Compliance

weight

My On-One fork is about 8 years old . Send it for a scan (to check for fiber fatigue) last year and it passes the test . Awesome fork . I also got the Rapide fork on the other SS and also very impressed with the performance . This Rapide took a real beating last year and it is a very strong fork thats not to "rigid" . Fat Grips and high volume tyres just complete the package if you go that route .

• 1 year later...

My On-One fork is about 8 years old . Send it for a scan (to check for fiber fatigue) last year and it passes the test . Awesome fork . I also got the Rapide fork on the other SS and also very impressed with the performance . This Rapide took a real beating last year and it is a very strong fork thats not to "rigid" . Fat Grips and high volume tyres just complete the package if you go that route .

Where did you get the form scanned?

Tom