How many injuries have you had? See picture below . . .

Bonus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of injuries requiring medical attention then yes - hockey is more dangerous than rugby - but they have weapons on a hockey field...... so stands to reason that it would be so. Fortunately most hockey injuries are relatively minor cuts that require stitching only and sometimes concussion from a ball or stick to the head or face.

Rugby has less cuts but more broken bones relative to hockey and more life altering injuries like paralysis... although these are few and far between for both sports.

Kind of depends on your definition of dangerous.... the most dangerous sport ito fatalities per participant hour is probably lawn bowls...

Both are contact sports doc. Injuries happen in them, most are accidental. Those hockey sticks and balls though can do some proper damage. Rugby injuries tend to be because of poor technique or positioning. At least that's my take on it.

As for lawn bowls [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Edited by Mntboy

[emoji23] ja, if you scared of blood you go play rugby

I remember now, also broke left hand. Luckily my ACL was intact. But I was hit with the ball on the inside of my knee during an attempted tackle. This left me with a serious hematoma, nerve damage and crutches for 7 weeks...

And had 8 stitches in forehead after colliding with the wall whilst playing squash

????

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

He he

My son broke a team mates nose 2 weeks ago.. kid got in the way of a practice drag flick.. before practice nogal.[emoji85] Oh man.. all that blood.

In terms of injuries requiring medical attention then yes - hockey is more dangerous than rugby - but they have weapons on a hockey field...... so stands to reason that it would be so. Fortunately most hockey injuries are relatively minor cuts that require stitching only and sometimes concussion from a ball or stick to the head or face.

Rugby has less cuts but more broken bones relative to hockey and more life altering injuries like paralysis... although these are few and far between for both sports.

Kind of depends on your definition of dangerous.... the most dangerous sport ito fatalities per participant hour is probably lawn bowls...

Lawn bowls..heart attacks etc?

Broken ribs and collar bone riding.

Thought Velominati specify a min of two broken bones to be required to call yourself a cyclist?

Both are contact sports doc. Injuries happen in them, most are accidental. Those hockey sticks and balls though can do some proper damage. Rugby injuries tend to be because of poor technique or positioning. At least that's my take on it.

As for lawn bowls [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]!!!!!!!

True - but 1 is contact by design and the other is contact by accident.

Both sports should have mandatory mouth guard rules for playing...

Broken collarbone. Broken ribs.

2 broken wrists. Cracked vertebrae in my neck. Separated shoulder. Cracked sternum. Numerous roasties.

Then decided to go SS rigid and all those problems went away

Broken hip from JUMA bail, and a few doses of blue nuts as a laaitie on bikes that were too big :) Not broken per se, but felt damn close to a crack at least 

True - but 1 is contact by design and the other is contact by accident.

Both sports should have mandatory mouth guard rules for playing...

Rugby uses mouth guards. Not allowed to play otherwise. Not to sure about hockey but afaik they do.

Fractured ribs - over different periods of time and 2 on the left and 4 on the right in total

Broken knuckle on left thumb - surgery and 2 pins still there keeping it together.

Came off on a bend while cycling - whole right knee, shoulder, cheek, hand. Cheek was the worst off but healed nicely. Only scars left are on my hand.

Broken nose.

Stabed in the shoulder

Bruised (or fractured)sternum.

Taken out by a taxi while riding my motorbike. Right knee scraped to the muscle.

Dislocated left ankle.

Bowled on the eye twice playing cricket.

Left knee acl  reconstruction - soccer and cycling related.

Some scars over my left and right eye - dont ask stupid things as kids.

There are some more, but these are the worst ones I can remember

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Broken femur left leg. Still have the plate and screws. Cracked right elbow. L5/S1 fusion. So far no injuries caused from cycling.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fractured ribs - over different periods of time and 2 on the left and 4 on the right in total

Broken knuckle on left thumb - surgery and 2 pins still there keeping it together.

Came off on a bend while cycling - whole right knee, shoulder, cheek, hand. Cheek was the worst off but healed nicely. Only scars left are on my hand.

Broken nose.

Stabed in the shoulder

Bruised (or fractured)sternum.

Taken out by a taxi while riding my motorbike. Right knee scraped to the muscle.

Dislocated left ankle.

Bowled on the eye twice playing cricket.

Left knee acl  reconstruction - soccer and cycling related.

Some scars over my left and right eye - dont ask stupid things as kids.

There are some more, but these are the worst ones I can remember

holy cow!

holy cow!

Yeah, I know. Damn!!!!!

I can add some torn quads (cycling - trying to climb steep hills)at the same time, lots of hamstrings( soccer and distance running).

Hmmmm, strange nothing from martial arts(scratching my head now) apart from some bruises

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Cycling? 2 x broken clavicles, 3 ribs, concussions, ankle ligaments, trigger finger.

Can add some more if you account for the motorbike days, and even more if we include after school beatings... ;)