Cyclist Down in Tokai

Meezo

Apparently Fatal too

Mate sent me a message he heard on the radio this morning, anybody know.

Strongs to the family

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove past the scene now on the way into work. 

Along Steenberg road, opposite Polsmoor prison entrance with a truck parked a few meters away from the scene. It looked like a regular commuter on his/her way to work. Unfortunately the victim was not that lucky and lost his/her life. Very sad moment and condolences for his/her family. 

RIP, rider

I've been waiting for this on spanschemaat road near the church, where the roadworks currently leave very little open for the regular commuters.

RIP, rider

I've been waiting for this on spanschemaat road near the church, where the roadworks currently leave very little open for the regular commuters.

Correct, there are a lot of road works along that Spanschemaat and Steenberg road... makes the road extremely narrow!

Another sad and unnecessary loss of life.

The cycle lanes they are building can't be finished soon enough. But too late for this unfortunate rider.

yeah cycle lane construction has turned that whole areas roads into death funnels for cyclists :thumbdown:  irony

very sad loss :mellow:

Tragic... The amount of accidents this year is unacceptable but feels like its just accepted and we are relatively helpless to stop them

Condolences to his/her loved ones. Another cycling death on a road frequented by cyclists! This is becoming a regular occurrence! Our road traffic authorities need to take drastic action.

That segment is always edgy for me when I roll there

And heading further on to Constantia side

So sorry to hear