Anybody have a recipe for energy/health bars that they can recommend please?

I am looking for a recommendation for a simple recipe for energy/health bars as I really don't like the ones you buy.

I have Googled and there are lots but I was wondering if anybody has one they can recommend. Not fussy about which ingredients as not following any diet such as low carb etc. but don't really like sugar.

Simple and easy is good as I am not very domesticated.

Thank you.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking for a recommendation for a simple recipe for energy/health bars as I really don't like the ones you buy.

I have Googled and there are lots but I was wondering if anybody has one they can recommend. Not fussy about which ingredients as not following any diet such as low carb etc. but don't really like sugar.

Simple and easy is good as I am not very domesticated.

Thank you.

google date bars - plenty of options which are quite easy to make.

Have you tried Ener-Bee?

Thanks. I just Google it now but it seems to be a drink?Looks very nice.

I was kind of thinking of bars that you can make with oats, honey, nuts, cranberries etc. but there are so many recipes so thought somebody could recommend one?

google date bars - plenty of options which are quite easy to make.

Thanks. Will do so. Never thought of dates as was thinking of oats for some reason.

Do you enjoy rice cakes? I use them for longer rides/races of 150km plus. I really like the recipe from Hannah grant. She was the chef for tinkoff. Not sure who she is working for now. Google her and you'll find some youtube videos on how to make them. She also has a really cool cookbook called The Grand Tour Cookbook. Its a whole lots of the recipes she uses during grand tours.

Have you tried the Enduren bars? I love their date & oats energy bars.

Thank you. Will try them. I have checked their Web page and there is a distributor in my area.

Do you enjoy rice cakes? I use them for longer rides/races of 150km plus. I really like the recipe from Hannah grant. She was the chef for tinkoff. Not sure who she is working for now. Google her and you'll find some youtube videos on how to make them. She also has a really cool cookbook called The Grand Tour Cookbook. Its a whole lots of the recipes she uses during grand tours.

Great thanks. I just did and see there a few bars she makes via video on You tube. Will be tying it out.

Try this:

440 grams Peanut butter

2 - 3 eggs

1 - 2 cups of brown sugar

teaspoon vanilla essence

Mix well and press it flat in a baking pan.  Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at about 180.  When done, cut into squares and take some with you on a long ride.  Nice taste and it gives a lot of long lasting energy.

Try these, cheap, readily available and easy to eat on the bike.

bananasf.jpg

Fits beautifully in fanny packs, which are all the rage right now.

Fits beautifully in fanny packs, which are all the rage right now.

I prefer the front of my shorts. Far more impressive.

Archived