Is it just me or is Evobikes prices not competitive at all anymore ?

pk007za

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or asked Pick n Pay :ph34r:

They've got this price match thing at the bottom of the slip. 

In the form a small coupon on the receipt to be used against your next purchase.

If something you bought costs R2.00 less elsewhere.

They give you a R2.00 voucher. If you purchased several products that were cheaper elsewhere. You get a coupon for the sum of the savings had you bought the same stuff elsewhere.

Game also has some price match policy if I'm not mistaken. If you can present proof of the same product sold for cheaper elsewhere they will match the price.

In the form a small coupon on the receipt to be used against your next purchase.

They give you a R2.00 voucher. If you purchased several products that were cheaper elsewhere. You get a coupon for the sum of the savings had you bought the same stuff elsewhere.

Game also has some price match policy if I'm not mistaken. If you can present proof of the same product sold for cheaper elsewhere they will match the price.

I honestly did not know that.

Thanks

Or asked Pick n Pay :ph34r:

I did once on a set of scratched speaker stands. The manager refused and said he will send it back and get it re coated. I was like ok, do that, as it is transport and labour etc. Left me wondering just how much profit they make if they can do that. Ended up making my own stands

Not sure if they still have this policy. If you see a price on the shelf for an  item and they charge you a different price at the till. Question this as you are then supposed to get the item for free. An old neighbour of mine has received a few appliances for free.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/animal-jam-clans-1/images/7/7a/Suspicious-Ned-Flanders-Is-Joined-By-Actor-Leonardo-DiCaprio-and-Fry-From-Futurama-In-Extra-Suspicious-Meme.gif

Pfft. Everyone can see that Evobikes is a much better saving than CWC.

Who wants a 37% discount when you can get 38%.

Gotta stay competitive these days... its cut throat out there.

However. Have you tried asking Evo for a discount?

Actually I did recently...... and they obliged!!!!

Same here. Price matched and received great service too.

Jokes aside.

It is NOT easy being an importer in SA ... NOT when you have a numba ONE that causes the exchange rate to change faster than a womens moods ......

I am involved with projects where we use imported equipment.  NOT fun being at the mercy of the exchange rate  (ja ja . forward cover yada yada ...)

The landed costs has a massive impact on what each importer can sell their goods for.  And when the exchange rate dice falls wrong they are lucky to break even on a shipment.  Then again, other times they may make a bit more.

respect to the good ones out there that hang in there and make our sports easier.

And there is the other problem, RRPs of R5700 vs R6495.

Which one is it? And who suggests these RRPs? Never mind,retailers think we're stupid to believe this made up savings, and I suppose there are a lot of people that actually fall for this lame ass marketing attempt.

Most of the time you can just shop around and find someone somewhere selling it for less than others' special prices.

From CWC's, the individual components;

XT chain: R450 

XT shifter: R950 

XT cassette: R1599

XT RD: R1350 

Total: R4349. Less than their RRP, and actual saving of only 17% (if you can believe that as well). Same goes for Evo.

But, I've ordered from Evo before, and will do so again. Their service is good.

Edited by stefmeister

And there is the other problem, RRPs of R5700 vs R6495.

Which one is it? And who suggests these RRPs? Never mind,retailers think we're stupid to believe this made up savings, and I suppose there are a lot of people that actually fall for this lame ass marketing attempt.

Most of the time you can just shop around and find someone somewhere selling it for less than others' special prices.

From CWC's, the individual components;

XT chain: R450 

XT shifter: R950 

XT cassette: R1599

XT RD: R1350 

Total: R4349. Less than their RRP, and actual saving of only 17% (if you can believe that as well). Same goes for Evo.

But, I've ordered from Evo before, and will do so again. Their service is good.

Rumor has it that CWC get grey imports and thus can sell them significantly cheaper.