Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Hopefully to boost their GC ambitions.

Pity they signed Aru till 2020..

Aru will be back on form going forward. Team getting a basic overhaul in departments. Remember if a athlete doesn't perform its not just an athletes fault - yes it can be but not always there other variables that add to that.

Aru is quality, he has shown that and had a bad season and half. Many do that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aru will be back on form going forward. Team getting a basic overhaul in departments. Remember if a athlete doesn't perform its not just an athletes fault - yes it can be but not always there other variables that add to that.

Aru is quality, he has shown that and had a bad season and half. Many do that.

Must say himself and Martin are only two riders who tried to mimic Contador's attacks after El Pistolero retired.

(Although majority of those were unsuccessful)

Another example of an athlete not delivering what he is possibly capable of.

Agreed, what is your take on Meintjes? Wrong team, poor form, personal issues..

Agreed, what is your take on Meintjes? Wrong team, poor form, personal issues..

I dont know him personally so cant say I know "why" but I do have 1 or 3 personal theories on why from stuff you hear.

Cav is still loose on the transfer market

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-mclaren-sponsorship-at-bahrain-merida-edge-mark-cavendish-towards-team/

The relationship between Cavendish and Dimension Data boss, Doug Ryder, has deteriorated in the last few months, though a face-to-face meeting between the pair last week has apparently improved the situation, according to one source. Members of the Dimension Data set-up are keen to keep the veteran sprinter on board but a contract has yet to be offered. The team have already made several rider signings, investing heavily in Michael Valgren and Roman Kreuziger.

Cav is still loose on the transfer market

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/could-mclaren-sponsorship-at-bahrain-merida-edge-mark-cavendish-towards-team/

The relationship between Cavendish and Dimension Data boss, Doug Ryder, has deteriorated in the last few months, though a face-to-face meeting between the pair last week has apparently improved the situation, according to one source. Members of the Dimension Data set-up are keen to keep the veteran sprinter on board but a contract has yet to be offered. The team have already made several rider signings, investing heavily in Michael Valgren and Roman Kreuziger.

DDD are shifting focus to the classics..why on earth would they keep Cav.

DDD are shifting focus to the classics..why on earth would they keep Cav.

maybe only because they got the sprint train finally working?

My biggest question is why did the sign Cummings again.

Seems you have a short memory or ill informed..... maybe a refresher if you google TdF stage wins he had for DDD.....

You are kidding... really?

Unfortunately not, while a rider like Scott Twaites is not signed yet.

I did not see any announcement, maybe they know it is an unpopular move

My guess is that Cummings got resigned as he's had a shocker of a year through injury and other things but has pulled good results on the big stage for DDD 2 x TDF stages put him in the category of a rider who knows how to win. At the moment Thwates hasn't really done anything in the last 2 years despite his big promise. 12th at Omloop this year and that is really it for the 12 / 24 months. 

maybe only because they got the sprint train finally working?

Not much point in have a honed sprint train if the main geeza can't finish off the job? and I don't think Cav is up to it any more, for a few reasons probably.