WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Looking at the 2018 team .....

some 10 to 15 RIDERS, but a "team" of 160 odd people going ....

The "hangers on" really can pay their own way. The RIDERS deserve a paid ticket, ALL inclusive. At least that is my naive thoughts on the matter ....

Pretty sure there may be 1 or 2 people needed per rider, but not 10+ per rider .....

18 riders are going...

Where did you get the figure of 160dor cycling? 160 sounds insane - even for CSA.

Edit: 169 people in TOTAL are going across 16 disciplines. Is that what you meant?

Edited by Eldron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to start paying

fees again once they have decent youth development plan in place. I don't mean go piggy back off something like the spur league..I mean road cycling..

Have a inter club/schools, district, provincial and national races..those should be only for the kids no adults!! This mixing everything up in one week of nationals is rubbish and they can generate revenue with affiliation fees... I know it's complicated etc but once upon a time all sporting bodies had to come up with plans...why the hell can't cycling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Dodgy pasts only matter if you don’t like them. Now if The Mouse “danced on the pedals” his past wouldn’t come into question.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Here’s the rub, in the private sector, people wouldn’t moan about not having funds. They would go and get funds! With a good business case, raising capital is not a blocker.

The issue is, as with normal tax, because it’s guaranteed revenue, people become complacent. In the private sector, revenue is valued and looked after.

CSA are NOT the victim here. They are not broke because we normal cyclists are boycotting them, they are being boycotted because they mismanaged themselves into bankruptcy!

Edited by Patchelicious

18 riders are going...

Where did you get the figure of 160dor cycling? 160 sounds insane - even for CSA.

Edit: 169 people in TOTAL are going across 16 disciplines. Is that what you meant?

Thanks for clearing it up.

The article had the list of SA cyclists going, then said 169 is going .... somehow I read it that this was the number of people from SA .... For the life of me I could not understand why 169 was going from SA such a small number of cyclists.

glad to be wrong .... the alternative is just too absurd !!

Here’s the rub, in the private sector, people wouldn’t moan about not having funds. They would go and get funds! With a good business case, raising capital is not a blocker.

The issue is, as with normal tax, because it’s guaranteed revenue, people become complacent. In the private sector, revenue is valued and looked after.

CSA are NOT the victim here. They are not broke because we normal cyclists are boycotting them, they are being boycotted because they mismanaged themselves into bankruptcy!

This[emoji115]

If this is true then it all needs to come out... but where do you get these figures from?

Who decides the salaries? Are they market related etc

I did work for them years back, and I'm pretty sure that from then till now, their salaries hasn't been reduced. 

William Newman quit as Cycling SA president due to ‘lack of appreciation for his efforts’

FEBRUARY 20, 2018 ,  4:02 PM  BY IN THE BUNCH STAFF REPORTER
Share this:

William Newman, who tendered his resignation as president of Cycling South Africa at the organisation’s National Council meeting in Johannesburg on Saturday, has explained why he opted to step down.

Newman said he decided to resign after the council showed a “lack of appreciation” for his efforts in remedying the organisation’s current situation.

“Our current financial situation has not been pleasant and our membership rightly demanded answers and a resolution,” Newman said in a statement.

“Due to my efforts I managed to bring about substantial relief, in excess of R1-million, through sponsorship procurement and a negotiated payment settlement plan with the UCI.”

William-Newman.jpg?resize=800%2C533&ssl=

William Newman. former president of Cycling South Africa. Photo: Cycling South Africa

However, he realised in the meeting that taking responsibility for the situation, his efforts to bring about stability and the substantial relief he achieved were “not enough for our council members”.

“The mood in the meeting indicated that council members were demanding more than this. It was very evident that my efforts were not appreciated.

“Being the experienced, astute leader that I am I sensed they wanted change.”

Newman then granted the council their “wish” and stepped down. “This was done in a very respectful and dignified manner,” he said.

Newman first became aware of the severity of the organisation’s financial challenges in April last year.

“I amplified my efforts to remedy the situation. It was important to restore the tarnished image of our organisation and to this end, and at personal cost (subsequently reimbursed), I travelled for meetings with key creditors and stakeholders.

“I had meetings with company directors and national and international sports leaders. We worked out a plan to address the situation.

“At the same time, drastic austerity measures were introduced in the organisation. Shortcomings in the organisational structure were identified and plans were put in place to address these.

“A 16-point action plan was developed with tasks allocated amongst the staff, executive and management committee members.”

Newman further added, “With 40 years of experience as a rider and an administrator and having been thrust into admin positions from an early age, I am confident in my ability.

“My principles of integrity, respect, professionalism and leading by example while advocating good corporate governance are unquestionable.

“I am very proud of what I have achieved in my cycling career, on the sporting front and as an administrator – and the majority of the time during very trying times.

“I am fully committed to serving the sport and improving the lot of our riders. There is still a lot to be done.”

Outside of Cycling SA, Newman serves as a Sascoc High Performance Commission member, management committee member of the Confederation of African Cycling, president of the Confederation of African Cycling Track Commission and as a member of the UCI Track Commission.

“As was the case with my position as president of Cycling SA, I will continue to serve in those positions to the best of my ability where my efforts are recognised and appreciated.

“I am very proud of my contribution to cycling in South Africa and Africa and I am extremely proud of what I have achieved. I will continue to serve the sport I love.

“I wish Cycling South Africa all the best for the future,” he added.