WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

So here is a question, in true transformation, what would the opinion be of a female CSA president?

I don't care what colour, sex or shape the president is as long as they do the flippin job.

Edit: Hold on - wasn't Sylvia Dale CEO of the SACF?

Edited by Eldron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that the people who have passion for cycling and not try make money from CSA. Cut their salary, rather as hobby.

- Show us what did they spent per year.

- Show us who sponsored CSA.

- Show us where did they get money from.

- Select good riders for Games, etc.

- Bring back Giro race, Rapport Tour etc

- Go out and contact companies to bring sponsors

You get what you pay for. Hence why the big walk is no more and there is still a CTCT. Started at same time, got to a similar size in the 90's. One went with market related salaries, one went the way of committee's and volunteers. 

And as a full time job whoever they are.... surely as part of that job you would like to interact with cyclists?

With the Bikehub being the social platform that most cyclist can relate to, discuss current and potential problems and to which CSA are fully aware of..... I wonder why there is NO ONE FROM CSA on this forum to actually interact with cyclist who they are supposedly representing???

That in itself speaks volumes for me in that CSA representatives are only interested in themselves and not in the community they supposedly represent.

I'm willing to bet there are, but they are too scared to show face.

So here is a question, in true transformation, what would the opinion be of a female CSA president?

When something is in as big a trouble as CSA, you don’t have the luxury of appointing somebody for the sake of transformation if you are truly wanting to save it.

You need to appoint the most competent person for the job to save it. The gender or race of that person doesn’t matter, best person available for the job!

Edited by Patchelicious

When something is in as big a trouble as CSA, you don’t have the luxury of appointing somebody for the sake of transformation if you are truly wanting to save it.

You need to appoint the most competent person for the job to save it. The gender or race of that person doesn’t matter, best person available for the job!

The same can be said for just about every arm of public service & parastatals.

It is... we're the sponsors.

Huh.. so you sponsor the kit and they make the winners pay for it.... if so, how are the riders benefiting from the sponsorship?

If that wasn't the case pls correct me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ideally what you want is a competent passionate person who doesn't need the money...

Not a lot of those floating around unfortunately

Ideally what you want is a competent passionate person who doesn't need the money...

Not a lot of those floating around unfortunately

I saw Andrew McLean comment about the poor showing at African champs.. now I am no fan of his and he has a dodge past.. but someone like him should put their hand up...plus it'll get him off the air.[emoji6]

Huh.. so you sponsor the kit and they make the winners pay for it.... if so, how are the riders benefiting from the sponsorship?

If that wasn't the case pls correct me.

We're sponsors in that we put the best proposal on the table for CSA at tender to be their supplier (the first time the kit went to tender in yonks...) I can't really share the details with you, but there were several bidders. 

The kit is definitely not all supplied free of charge... there really isn't that sort of money in cycling clothing :) It did cost us a pretty penny to do this though, but we are proud to do it as a local company with a long history in the sport.

We wish CSA was in a better position to just buy endless kit and hand it out like in the past, but we can also understand their problems and try work with them as best as possible for a better future for SA cycling.

We're sponsors in that we put the best proposal on the table for CSA at tender to be their supplier (the first time the kit went to tender in yonks...) I can't really share the details with you, but there were several bidders.

The kit is definitely not all supplied free of charge... there really isn't that sort of money in cycling clothing :) It did cost us a pretty penny to do this though, but we are proud to do it as a local company with a long history in the sport.

We wish CSA was in a better position to just buy endless kit and hand it out like in the past, but we can also understand their problems and try work with them as best as possible for a better future for SA cycling.

Got it.. much clearer now

Looking at the 2018 team .....

some 10 to 15 RIDERS, but a "team" of 160 odd people going ....

The "hangers on" really can pay their own way.  The RIDERS deserve a paid ticket, ALL inclusive.  At least that is my naive thoughts on the matter .... 

Pretty sure there may be 1 or 2  people needed per rider, but not 10+ per rider .....

Edited by ChrisF

I saw Andrew McLean comment about the poor showing at African champs.. now I am no fan of his and he has a dodge past.. but someone like him should put their hand up...plus it'll get him off the air.[emoji6]

Andrew McLean has a dodge past?  :huh:

He would possibly be the sort of figurehead you might want, maybe paired up with someone with great business acumen and a history in top level management

Again though, far easier challenges out there with better returns - this really needs to born out of a passion for cycling. 

Andrew McLean has a dodge past? :huh:

He would possibly be the sort of figurehead you might want, maybe paired up with someone with great business acumen and a history in top level management

Again though, far easier challenges out there with better returns - this really needs to born out of a passion for cycling.

Dodgy pasts only matter if you don’t like them. Now if The Mouse “danced on the pedals” his past wouldn’t come into question.