World Marathon Champs - XCM 2017

swrid

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dahle will always complain about something...

Well she did get the attention of the Cape Epic organizers who actually changed the rules to make the ladies cat more competitive and fair. So kudos to her for not keeping quiet.

Jennie 7th

Robyn 10th

Amy 15th

Ariane 16th

Cool! Thanks!

Where did Erik come in?

Shame........Ariane is really getting her ass handed to her every time she gets on a bike these days

I saw earlier this week on Twitter that he would be competing alongside buys. Was also wondering who the he'll but didn't want to say it out loud..

Why not? It's a good question, after all he is representing our country.

How has his results been locally?

Cool! Thanks!Where did Erik come in?Shame........Ariane is really getting her ass handed to her every time she gets on a bike these days

Have always been a huge fan of Ariane, but she has (sadly) lost it. I fear her time has past

Let's not forget that she is over 40 and she came in third.

True , but ago doesn't mean she can complain about anything that doesn't suit her. I'm generalising now because I don't even know exactly what happend but lets just leave it at that.

Langvad won end of story nothing can change that now.

Philip Buys 80th

Erik Kleinhans 86th

Sthembiso Masango 159th

bit disappointing that as the 'mtb marathon' capital of the world we don't really feature, Can't even beat the namibians. But I suppose it's like the French waiting for a TdF winner (or Tim henman trying to win Wimbledon)

Who is that in 155th place?

Masango Shtembiso

No idea. Just happened to see he is from South Africa.

Who?

I saw earlier this week on Twitter that he would be competing alongside buys. Was also wondering who the he'll but didn't want to say it out loud..

He is one of Martin Dreyer's Change a Life riders who mainly compete here in KZN. He is strong but needs to learn some race craft. He won the development category at Munga last year finishing 6th overall after destroying a wheel and having to run something like 12kms the next check point.

CyhoAlMXgAAmkpx.jpg

He is one of Martin Dreyer's Change a Life riders who mainly compete here in KZN. He is strong but needs to learn some race craft. He won the development category at Munga last year finishing 6th overall after destroying a wheel and having to run something like 12kms the next check point.

CyhoAlMXgAAmkpx.jpg

How does everyone not remember this from the munga last year. He was absolutely inspirational!

bit disappointing that as the 'mtb marathon' capital of the world we don't really feature, Can't even beat the namibians. But I suppose it's like the French waiting for a TdF winner (or Tim henman trying to win Wimbledon)

Agreed, somewhat baffling.

How does everyone not remember this from the munga last year. He was absolutely inspirational!

Because unfortunately in reality, people rarely remember who comes in 6th.

Lol very true, now you mention remember it well just not the name....

Its about the kind of racing and peaking rightly(at the right time and for the right kind of effort)

RSA racing often is different then the racing in Europe which means that riders lack experience or body conditioning for that type of effort.

You ust also keep in mind that this was an a typical marathon. Last year in Laissac there where reasonable climbs but still not massively long but it splits the pack early. But it also mean you can still come from the bank and do a reasonable finish time as on the climb al is eaqual.

This year it was smooth fast with short kicks. If you missed your start because of bad luck/starting further to the back or just not beiing explosive enough you where basically dead and your race over.

If you let a top rider start on his own 2min 30 after the Bunch in Laissac he would still have made top 20 over here hardly top 50. You need to have the explosivity the bunchfighting(yes not riding fighting) skills for position and the explosivity for the short nasty kicks.

Next to that its peaking I am not too surprised to see Lakata feature after a meager season. Someone like Alban studies the course 2 years before and times the effort. He makes an in dept analysis and decided if its 3 min 5 min 25 min max efforts that he needs to focus on.

For that you need experience Which lack most RSA riders at this level as they rarely ride top events.

Time and money to go and study the course(which because of distance for saffa's is a no. no

And then the option to peak in the right way at a right time and that's a mayor issue. Canyon will let alban or Kristin do it however they want it as there is a good medal chance. Erik to the contrary or Jeremiah they are good riders but they lack that extra. A team like that will not let them focus for months in order to be 15th or 20th instead of 30-35 th. No they will be on a general regime to be quite good on all kinds of courses for a long period to assist the top guys in the team. But will take the edge of in a specific course.

Philip Buys 80th

Erik Kleinhans 86th

Sthembiso Masango 159th

Makes you wonder what would happen to our local heroes results if more of the big boys rocked up at Epic. Edited by Patchelicious