PPFFffffff........✌

Into single figures

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks admin, into the Top10 we go.

past SwissVan like he's stopping for parking.

interesting stat, was mocking the oke who said that only the people with Gee Thomas could win the competition. He remains the top rider, but no one in the Top10 has him. someone could have a huge leadt if they went one littlee pick differently

Hail Ceaser ????

Edited by SwissVan

:lol:  It's not so bad down here guys... its like riding on the back of a group - no need to attempt the sprint just roll on. :lol:  last I checked I was like 700ish...

I see myself as Steve Cummings, waiting for the right stage to attack.

Did much better last year...already down to 8 men after day 1...and only 7 at the moment  :blink:

Just one of THOSE things and predicting is not an easy task.

Maybe admin (or whoever is in control of this year's competition) can have a look at more prices next year?

It's GREAT to be able to win a bike...WOW...not complaining at ALL, but us normal blokes enjoying the game every year in the back seats and would not have any chance of winning anything would LOVE to have smaller DAILY prizes...it was real fun the previous years, because you "COULD" win something every day and it was exciting to have a look at "did I win today".

Now it's 4 nice awesome BIG'ish prizes and mainly the guys under the first 100 people would have the Green and Polka dot jersey leaders...maybe someone towards the back of the points table could get the Combative. 

But if you are out already by so many points / people withdrawn in the first week then some people might lose interest...

Keep it interesting and have daily prizes...it makes for a really fun experience IMHO.

Maybe Oom Chris / Naas / Cycle Factory / etc. can sponsor a few R200-R500 vouchers / tyres and tubes / etc. for next year's competition.  :clap:  :thumbup:  :w00t:  hint-hint-hint... :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

I came 2nd in the Epic fantasy league this year, and now I'm lying 2nd in the TdF fantasy league. I sense a trend! Struggling to get to that top step...

Oh well, still great fun and keeps my mind ticking over! 

Good luck to everyone out there! 

I'm playing this game a little bit like Berto is riding the tour... taking week 1 slowly, warming up and waiting for week 2 and 3 to turn it on... although like Berto, I am not entirely sure I have enough substance to actually make up any ground!

Lost Valverde day 1 and then like most of us -Sagan.

On Monday I am going to hoof either Chaves or Quintana. Contador is also on my hit list as he has just been assing about.Would like to bin about 5 of my team in fact.

If a rider crashes out like Valverde, is it still a sub?

I have Cavendish on the bench. Now I must sub sagan with pinot (0 points so far). I gave Meintjies a chance this year, but he also did not score a single point yet. I suck at this game

Demare in green, 170 points

Kittel looks unbeatable 143 pts.

would need quite a gap to be in green tonight, and in the draw for the helmet

Demare in green, 170 points

Kittel looks unbeatable 143 pts.

would need quite a gap to be in green tonight, and in the draw for the helmet

Hypothetical way of this taking place means Kittel needs 28 points more that Demare. Points on offer fr the intermediate and also the final sprint listed below:

20 points, 17, 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1

50 points, 30, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. 

If we assume the intermediate bunch is taken by Breakaway

and

Kittel takes the Peloton sprint(5th=11p) as well as the win at the end of the day(1st=50p),

then

Demare needs to get 33points or less:

ie 6th in intermediate(10p) and 3rd in final(20p)

Short answer, Green jersey is going to come down to the final sprint of the day.

Nope. Intermediate didnt suit Kittel. If Kittel wins Demare needs to finish 4th in finish for Kittel to take Green

I think something unusual needs to happen for Demare not to wear the Green jersey after today.

But I would like to at least be in the running for the prize  :clap:  so come on Kittel...come on!!!

Hypothetical way of this taking place means Kittel needs 28 points more that Demare. Points on offer fr the intermediate and also the final sprint listed below:

20 points, 17, 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1

50 points, 30, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. 

If we assume the intermediate bunch is taken by Breakaway

and

Kittel takes the Peloton sprint(5th=11p) as well as the win at the end of the day(1st=50p),

then

Demare needs to get 33points or less:

ie 6th in intermediate(10p) and 3rd in final(20p)

Short answer, Green jersey is going to come down to the final sprint of the day.

assumptions incorrect!! Demare gets six points, so now is 33 ahead of Kittel.

Kittel wins (50), then Demare needs to come at least 4th.

Kittel comes second, then Demare is in green!