E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

I always like riding with fellow Hubbers, as long as I can buy coffee.

Buying coffee is no joke... Mmm, coffee ️[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking thread  :lol:

Editing tools for activities in the browser version offer a chance to fix those accidental drive recordings after a genuine ride by allowing cropping of start/end of track etc. So I think guys should be given an opportunity to sort it in x amount of time at least before being flagged. But the blatant, intentional stuff? Nah, it just kills it for everyone.  

Not seriously, just wondering ..... same as when I see a kid standing on the front seat of a car....I just wonder .... WHY?

That is quite a comparison to make - a child's life vs a Strava "KOM"! Clearly this is a very serious issue for you and I definitely think Strava should address it immediately.  :whistling: Seriously, just work out where you think you stand in the real ranking and be happy for yourself - no one else cares.

That is quite a comparison to make - a child's life vs a Strava "KOM"! Clearly this is a very serious issue for you and I definitely think Strava should address it immediately.  :whistling: Seriously, just work out where you think you stand in the real ranking and be happy for yourself - no one else cares.

I doubt the poster was trying to suggest it carries the same weighting in value as that of a child's life, but rather was attempting to blatantly address the mindset of deliberately doing something that is just so obviously wrong to everyone else looking in.

100% I guess it's a way to gauge fitness/progress; if I ride a particular route, am I faster than a few weeks ago at the same perceived effort, or did I eat a few too many doughnuts and I'm slower than ever?

I'm aware of that.

Why ride segments? To see if you are faster than your buddies or measuring your own training by doing a hill and see if you are getting better?

If that's the case then I forgive you

Naaaahhh dude....LOL :-)  I don't do strava, why pay yearly fee if its all free on Garmin Connect??? 

Not using strava to show riding buddies who is the fastest.....just my opinion!!!

Please tell me where these are on Garmin Connect? Like automatic FTP calculation? Etc

Edited by Coenie Thomas

Not at all a comparrison, I was merely saying I wonder why people dont follow rules.

I might as well have said, people on their phones while driving.

or people watering their garden while we have water restrictions..... 

People walking their dogs, and not having them on a lead.... etc.

Please tell me where these are on Garmin Connect? Like automatic FTP calculation? Etc

Strava does an automatic FTP calculation? Don't think I'll trust that as their perceived power output on segments sometimes varies quite a bit from the power output from a real power meter.  I guess if I had to pay I'd rather pay for more specific software analyzing packages, or a coach. 

Don't want to hijack the thread with a FTP discussion.  A lot of people lie about their FTP in any case to sound cool among their friends, but at least we've got strava segments to sort that out when you're beating someone on a KOM that has a claimed FTP of nearly 100W more than you.

Strava does an automatic FTP calculation? Don't think I'll trust that as their perceived power output on segments sometimes varies quite a bit from the power output from a real power meter.  I guess if I had to pay I'd rather pay for more specific software analyzing packages, or a coach. 

Don't want to hijack the thread with a FTP discussion.  A lot of people lie about their FTP in any case to sound cool among their friends, but at least we've got strava segments to sort that out when you're beating someone on a KOM that has a claimed FTP of nearly 100W more than you.

This is for the premuim members, but it does and it give you Fatique vs fitness also

This is for the premuim members, but it does and it give you Fatique vs fitness also

What Garmin device do you have? My Fenix 5 and Edge 820 does FTP automatically but the Fenix 5 have more training features, look at DC Rainmakers review

You are now giving the features of devices.

You have not answered the question.

We were talking about Garmin connect VS Strava. You said Garmin connect gives you the same as strava but free.

But Strava gives you FTP etc which is not on Garmin connect as you said. Or I have never found it there

Edited by Coenie Thomas

I see it is Flagged, just interesting why people do that.... what do they want to achieve?

Maybe the dwis forgot to stop his garmin after his ride?

I did it once and successfully managed to piss a whole bunch of people off

Well, you would have only pissed one guy off, as would have flagged it and then everyone else is like, meh.

Look at his rides all but one has speeds 50-95km/h on steep hills