E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join "Kom defender"..

Its really cool. and flags abnormal activity, sorry if someone mentioned it before

Does anyone even take Strava seriously anymore?

I recently rode down an #Enduro section of Hakahana with a mate and although we were close together all the way, strava said he beat me by 20 seconds... Happens often.

I recently rode down an #Enduro section of Hakahana with a mate and although we were close together all the way, strava said he beat me by 20 seconds... Happens often.

Most cyclists/runners take it seriously...some just pretend they don't!

I do a bit of road riding on the quite roads around modderfontein reserve and the amount of okes that leave the bike park from a MTB ride and forget to stop their ride, climb into their car and drive out is crazy. I had a few of the KOM's but most of them now belong to another hubber buddy of mine and we are constantly flagging rides. 

There is an edit ride option, why they don't edit when they get home and realise they forgot to switch it off, I don't know. These cases are all genuine mistakes but sometimes you can see a dude just got into his car and drove.

Yip. I think a fellow club mate of mine once after the inaugural Maluti forgot to stop his ride. So his distance covered in 48 hours was remarkable to say the  least! 

Edited by mecheng89

Absolutely. The KOM/segments were actually meant to be PRIVATE (so you can see how much YOU are improving on certain segments). But men being men, we love comparing ==D, so the competitive element will always be there. It's healthy having friendly competition but once it becomes too serious it can be seriously damaging, literally and figuratively. 

Absolutely. The KOM/segments were actually meant to be PRIVATE (so you can see how much YOU are improving on certain segments). But men being men, we love comparing ==D, so the competitive element will always be there. It's healthy having friendly competition but once it becomes too serious it can be seriously damaging, literally and figuratively. 

Theres nothing better than getting that message from a friend saying "Dude wtf, you stole my KOM"

And then evil laughing to yourself

What about the ladies that keep taking the KOM's, they not competitive? 

I use it to measure my improvements, but it often times feels like a an absolute waste of time, considering how inaccurate Strava is. 

That being said, okes take Strava VERY seriously. 

I use it to measure my improvements, but it often times feels like a an absolute waste of time, considering how inaccurate Strava is. 

That being said, okes take Strava VERY seriously. 

If you want more accurate results set your Garmin to record every 1 sec. By default it is set to every 6 sec, and here is the problem.

If someone before you set a KOM time and his garmin was in 1sec, Strava will "snap" you closest co-ordinates to the start (outside the segment and take that time as start) that means that you still have to travel 5 sec to the start of the segment or even 6 sec to get to the same point. and the same with the end of the segment.

I have found that certain segments I use often is accurate if my Garmin is set to recored 1sec then compare that to your previous attempts and you will see it works :-0