Training room setup

In terms of sound, see if you can find the Logitech Z623 set. 2.1 setup. They have been around for some time, but the Logitech website says it's still in production. 200W RMS, 400W peak. I've heard one of these bad boys in action, and for your 2.5 x 2.5 space, MORE than enough. Actually, that set is good enough for a dance floor. 

https://www.logitech.com/en-za/product/speaker-system-z623.

If you find some at a good price, please let me know!!! 

Decent enough for the job yes but I would take that 200W rating with a pinch of salt - the satellites are rated at 35W each + sub 130W (total = 200W) and that is probably peak, RMS is not mentioned on those specs.

But this purpose should be good, and that sub will make a difference if you are going to pump out the beats and pump up the volume

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You not investing in some power-based training?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I certainly am keen on looking into it, but my knowledge of this is limited and needs expanding. 1st and foremost I need to spend more time on the bike as I am coming off a low base. Will also be looking into getting a structured training programme going as I have this coming up.

http://www.urbanultra.com/?events=urban-ultra-coast-to-coast-cycle-challenge-2017

Will be doing this with my brother who lives in the UAE and I am hoping to hook up with a DC team to train with.

If you're running a fluid trainer then a powertap rear wheel is a great idea because it will give you power on the road as well. And you can pick them up relatively inexpensive 2nd hand. Ideally crank based but they tend to be more expensive unless you can get a good deal on a stages.

Not my thread but still sharing

Got these purple adjustable arms clamps from the local China shop. (last two – purple not my first colour choice…haha).

Works nice to keep your phone  / and Garmin in place when doing Zwift. :thumbup: 

post-7189-0-91339000-1502449111_thumb.jpg

If you're running a fluid trainer then a powertap rear wheel is a great idea because it will give you power on the road as well. And you can pick them up relatively inexpensive 2nd hand. Ideally crank based but they tend to be more expensive unless you can get a good deal on a stages.

I have a PowerTap wheel and thinking of running something similar. But what do I go? Mag, fluid, smart? I'm also thinking of purchasing a dirt cheap alum bike and mounting the wheel to that (will have to remove current cassette). 

Will update with pics over the weekend

Sweet! 

Definitely paint the room bright white - its small so needs a light colour

Agree that one wall should have some mural for motivation.

Water cooler would be a thing I would look for.

Busy with this, my first retirement 'project' [emoji41]

My son recently bought his own house and moved out leaving these rooms free for my use!

The 2 small rooms were tiled and painted last week (had old carpets). Will move my office and some cupboards and a small kitchen unit with bar fridge into there in the coming days. This week want to paint the big room .....

dca73f743a948deb55f3abf67bbcd39a.jpg

Definitely paint the room bright white - its small so needs a light colour

Agree that one wall should have some mural for motivation.

Water cooler would be a thing I would look for.

White is the colour of choice and I have a friend that is busy with something for the wall

Busy with this, my first retirement 'project' [emoji41]

My son recently bought his own house and moved out leaving these rooms free for my use!

The 2 small rooms were tiled and painted last week (had old carpets). Will move my office and some cupboards and a small kitchen unit with bar fridge into there in the coming days. This week want to paint the big room .....

dca73f743a948deb55f3abf67bbcd39a.jpg

What software did you use for this? Going to be planning space for my room later this year

So this is the update so far.

Carpet is up.

Damage to the ceiling due to roof leak has been assessed and will be getting that sorted, hopefully in the next weekend or so

Walls are still to wet to paint, but I spent yesterday scrubbing off all the flaking paint and getting the residule from the felt of the wooden floors.

I have decided not to got with the interlocking mats and instead will put down a custom cut rubber mat for the room. Just seens easier and is cheaper by some way.

Will post some pics next of the ideas for artwork/decoration of the room.

post-8169-0-36833200-1502694024_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-58697800-1502694052_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-83307700-1502694079_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-57308400-1502694110_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-10493300-1502694213_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-36833200-1502694024.jpgI see you all ready have your high altitude training mask........ 

Black mold on the wall and the carpet was rotten. Not taking a chance with a lung infection etc.

Was actually wondering while wearing it about the benefit of the altitude mask