Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

Listen, I need to settle something here...

We are talking about the good Souf Efrikan braai here! So why on some of the comments do okes refer to "cooking" the meat?

If you braai, you braai. You dont braai and then cook.

Tsk.

You wont put any of my fresh tuna near a braai....in fact my steak goes in my Debuyer pan where my tuna goes.Braais are for tjops and wors and meat that cant easily be f*cked up

Edited by Kranswurm

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorado with butter and lemon 

HHHhhhmmmm Dorado!!!

This is my favourite fish, followed my steenbras and then Gelbek!! to eat and to catch.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I tried some of those thinly sliced lamb chops on the weekend - they seem to be all the rage now - They were *** on the braai.

You need a lekker dik rib job or braai chop.

And if you okes think us dutchmen invented braaiíng ..

The Greeks been having it for a long time !! Souvla 

HHHhhhmmmm Dorado!!!

This is my favourite fish, followed my steenbras and then Gelbek!! to eat and to catch.[/quote

Geelbek sunshine...

HHHhhhmmmm Dorado!!!

This is my favourite fish, followed my steenbras and then Gelbek!! to eat and to catch.

Caught a nice sized Dorado in Mauritius a few years back. Was my first and so far only Dorado I've caught. Was a good fight, Although I was fishing for Marlin so the tackle was fairly heavy and made it a bit easier than I would have liked. Would have been nice if it hooked onto one of the smaller rods we where using for the bonito tuna.

I tried some of those thinly sliced lamb chops on the weekend - they seem to be all the rage now - They were *** on the braai.

You need a lekker dik rib job or braai chop.

And if you okes think us dutchmen invented braaiíng ..

The Greeks been having it for a long time !! Souvla 

Best braai vleis I've had was in Dubai. The Arabs know something about braaiing, and on real wood coals nogal.

Cant believe nobody has suggested a BikeHub braai yet.....

You're all welcome to come and braai at my house next month. Might be a bit of a journey though........

Cant believe nobody has suggested a BikeHub braai yet..... 

We did a Groenkloof ride and braai organised by Barry for me down from Bots and my daughter :-(

You're all welcome to come and braai at my house next month. Might be a bit of a journey though........

Make it this Sunday and I'll take a train up from London ;)

Okay braai people, what's the etiquette on eating order?

Laaities, ladies, ooms, host?

All I know is that everyone else eats and I am usually so full of tasters and off-cuts and snacks that I don't. Always helps to feed the laatjies first so the mothers can relax.