Etiquette when training

FirstV8

I dont go much deeper than waist deep on the best of days towards the end of a coastal holiday when i really feel brave.

Love the coast - don't go in the water.

If god wanted us in the water, he would not have let us evolve out of it in the first place.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If god wanted us in the water, he would not have let us evolve out of it in the first place.

If Tube is offended by your anti-surfing sentiment and this descends into another one of 'those', I will put you in with my piranha, Cuddles.

Hi there I'm Howard and i'm a Mntbiker and a greeter...Bikers ,Runners ,walkers,Dog walkers

I even say hi to the dogs.

The Tokai-Newlands -Kirstenbosch trail is a friendly place.

I've had a bit of flu and a layoff .So this morning I was wheezing a little

while trying to rotate my short sock clad legs.A group of about 15 mntbikers passed me,

every one of them said hi I must have said howzit to every second one while trying to regulate my breathing in between "HI's"

As a regular rider I pass a lot of Other regulars ,

I used to pass one guy 3-4 times a week I always said howzit

over a 3 year period he never responded once.I always thought he was deaf or just a box,now I realise it's my short socks. :)

Now you are talking about waving while on a MTB..... different story.

I will NEVER "wave" at another cyclist while off road. I am too busy trying to not crash. You might get a verbal greeting, a quick "howzit" between all the $%#$% hier kom groot $#^#$#, and the FOKFOKFOKs as it gets rockier etc

ROTFL...

I can relate...but I dont swear...I pray intensely....

I pray that I make it up the climb....

I pray that I dont see my ass on the way down...

Enjoy

• 1 month later...

FirstV8

So if non-greeters upset you wait till when you start slip-streaming them and be amazed.

[/i]

Came up past Mall at Reds in Centurion with my MTB yesterday morning when I noticed another cyclist approaching from behind. I decided to wait for him so we can ride together.

He came past me without greeting (I always greeted when I went past somebody when I could still come past somebody many years ago. LOL) and I thought o well let me maar ride with him.

I don't know if I was not allowed but man he jumped me a few 100m further as if he was going for a hotspot with a price of a R1000.

I am sorry for trying to slip you my friend whoever you are.

Came up past Mall at Reds in Centurion with my MTB yesterday morning when I noticed another cyclist approaching from behind. I decided to wait for him so we can ride together.

He came past me without greeting (I always greeted when I went past somebody when I could still come past somebody many years ago. LOL) and I thought o well let me maar ride with him.

I don't know if I was not allowed but man he jumped me a few 100m further as if he was going for a hotspot with a price of a R1000.

I am sorry for trying to slip you my friend whoever you are.

He must have been a roadie who did not want to be embarrassed by being seen to be riding with a mtber

I am still trying to get my head around this issue . On Saturday and Sunday mornings i do a 30km route around OR Tambo and get passed by a few groups  on the way . I have found that the "Morning " or More Oom " is getting better but they pass me too fast for me to hook up behind them . On Saturday two very friendly guys on MTB came past greeted and slowed and said "hang in " which i then did for about 10 km along Atlas Rd . Thanks for the tow i enjoyed the chat as well . 

ROTFL...

I can relate...but I dont swear...I pray intensely....

I pray that I make it up the climb....

I pray that I dont see my ass on the way down...

Enjoy

Did a fun-ride on Saturday - Ostrich Kick in Oudtshoorn

Following some hectic rain during the Friday night the trail was "interesting" in spots ....

I gradually caught up to a youngster, and passed him at one of the slow bends in the trail ... having committed to the pass it got interesting on the way out when I encountered some snotty slippery mud .....

I was SO busy catching the sliding back that I was way past him before I caught my breath, never mind greeting the kid .... felt a bit bad about not greeting him ...

Few hundred meters further I stopped to take a photograph - youngster slows down and asks if I had a mechanical and if I am okay ... Kyk, TOE voel ek darem sleg !!

The next 10km we cycled together.  We were not catching the fast riders, and we were miles ahead of the back markers.  Kid later thanked me, he did not want to do the route all alone ....

draadsitter...

Were you perhaps wearing ankle socks or a camel back....

Nope. Neither.

Look let me put things in perspective here. I used to be a roadie myself.

I was also cross at myself that I did not greet him but when I thought about it he actually came past really fast and also because instinct kicked in. As he came past I had to jump to close the gap.

But I really cannot understand what I did wrong. Here is a 57 year overweight old ballie on his MTB with black socks (eish) having to make an effort to stay with the guy but I managed to stay with him until he jumped me the second time. Of course then my lungs fell out[emoji13] and so on and I realized there is no way I am going to hang onto this guy.[emoji15]

Must say when I continued I was really thinking this is exactly what I needed as this only makes me more determined to get to the best shape I can given work and family commitments but the weight has to go. That much I promised myself. No more I will do it tomorrow. Saturday I mentally drew a line in the sand.

Archived