[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

I'm not normally one to pay any attention to rumors, especially in public forums, however someone that I would trust says he's heard from inside the tour organizing committee there is talk of possibly cancelling the tour due to the severe drought.

Anybody that can confirm or deny this based on 1st hand reliable info?

I sincerely hope his informant is wrong on this one!! 

I don't think you should trust that person anymore. Probably best you still don't pay attention to rumors.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to help a friend out with an entry. Do you perhaps know whether there are still any of these entries available? On the CTCT website it only shows that International entries are still open.

Every year there are 100's of entries to sale the week before, no worries.

Maybe I am just stupid but this is all marketing BS to me.

Sure the EVENT will (maybe) have a zero foot print.

But what about the thousands of tourist visiting the city?  Showers, drinking water etc etc.

Zero footprint my ass.

There will be more water consumed. 

Why risk it?

I'm not normally one to pay any attention to rumors, especially in public forums, however someone that I would trust says he's heard from inside the tour organizing committee there is talk of possibly cancelling the tour due to the severe drought.

Anybody that can confirm or deny this based on 1st hand reliable info?

I sincerely hope his informant is wrong on this one!! 

Please dont say your friend is MR X?! 

That person is really not informed well at all. 1st hand, they are all steam ahead for 2018 event and have taken every precaution for water for the day.

But what about the thousands of tourist visiting the city?  Showers, drinking water etc etc.

Zero footprint my ass.

Why risk it?

I think the actual water used will be negligible. With the increase in water tariff the city Bnb etc need as much income as possible to pay for future water plans.

Zero footprint my ass.

Why risk it?

FreeWheelin Hub Dylan has posted a pic before showing the water consumption of last year and it actually decreases on Argus weekend.

Zero footprint my ass.

Why risk it?

I'm bringing my own drinking/cooking water.  Usually bring my own drinking water anyway.  Then there is the sea... quite seriously, I will probably have only one short, sharp shower while I'm there and that water goes into my mother's grey water/water collection system to be reused.  If I bring an extra 10 liters of water, I'll most likely be adding to the water supply, not taking anything away... We have our own nasty water challenges where I live (collapsing infrastructure plus drought plus non-existant municipality) so I'm used to living this way.  Plus I was schooled thoroughly last time I visited CT.  I can assure you all my friends entered for the CTCT have the same attitude. So don't panic, we're not coming to drink your last drop.  Of water, that is.  Watch the other supplies, I do have thirsty friends...

Zero footprint my ass.

Why risk it?

It will have an impact on the daily consumption but not nearly as much as one might make it.

Also over the December time and before it Capetonians was making a fuss of us vallies coming to Cpt for the holiday and will waste the water. by the end of December there was an article in Die Burger that the use of water over the December period had really no affect. 

Guest Trivium T

It will have an impact on the daily consumption but not nearly as much as one might make it.

Also over the December time and before it Capetonians was making a fuss of us vallies coming to Cpt for the holiday and will waste the water. by the end of December there was an article in Die Burger that the use of water over the December period had really no affect. 

DA propaganda, we are being bombarded with it. Let me explain:

1 local + 0 valie = 1 water used

1 local + 1 valie = 2 water used

0 local + 1 valie = 1 water used

0 local + 0 valie = 0 water used

So yes 1 = 1 but if there was no valie we could have had 0 water used.

My airbnb is available for that weekend.....

In Hout Bay. 10l of spring water will be provided.

Sleeps 4 in 2 queen beds

2 bathrooms

uncapped interwebs

dstv

netflix

washer, drier, dishwasher

gas braai on the balcony

40m from Victoria road. So wifey can give you a freshy cold from the fridge as you ride past. On your 2nd lap of course.

Amazing valley views

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15908134

Edited by Duane_Bosch

DA propaganda, we are being bombarded with it. Let me explain:

1 local + 0 valie = 1 water used

1 local + 1 valie = 2 water used

0 local + 1 valie = 1 water used

0 local + 0 valie = 0 water used

So yes 1 = 1 but if there was no valie we could have had 0 water used.

Vallie visit Cape Town 1 - Capetonian going on holiday 0 = 1 water used

So what you say. Capetonians go on holiday and we as vallies can't visit our family over the festive season in Cape Town?

Mr X? Is that you?

I wouldn't bet money against it - just waiting for these posts to disappear once the mods also figure this out  ^_^