[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Or possible Dam usage is just very high (too many people) compared to what they were designed for.

There is also an argument that the fruit / veg farms are doing so well and a lot of produce is been exported so yes we are kind of via fruit / wine exports exporting our water!

Possibly the Vaal dam is 100% full not only because of good rain but many people have relocated to the Cape - so the DA running a good province - may be a partial cause of this crisis. The water security falls under National government and not Provincial government so ... quite a complex's political situation even if water should not be politicized!

No. Not even going to honour that theory with a response, just No.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason why I cannot open Trivium's profile?

100 percent working with other profiles here in Hubland.

He's been banned by the looks of it

Or possible Dam usage is just very high (too many people) compared to what they were designed for.

There is also an argument that the fruit / veg farms are doing so well and a lot of produce is been exported so yes we are kind of via fruit / wine exports exporting our water!

Possibly the Vaal dam is 100% full not only because of good rain but many people have relocated to the Cape - so the DA running a good province - may be a partial cause of this crisis. The water security falls under National government and not Provincial government so ... quite a complex's political situation even if water should not be politicized!

Hmmm. If one follows the rainfall in the area, one would see that rainfall in the catchment areas has been much lower than in CT itself.

Great, but Mr X will be back that can we be certain of (unfortunately  :cursing: )

Yeah, read through his comments this morning, was basically spewing the same drivel that Mr X did. . . . No surprise someone made the connection and booted him, just a matter of time till he comes back as someone else and continues his interesting hijacking of threads with political twaddle

Taken

Thanks Bruce

Pleasure BJ...... if there is anyone else looking for an entry, PM me.. i have another up for grabs. Unfortunately no access to forum. Many thanks...

Despite huge efforts from a multitude of individuals.

This is without doubt the single most idiotic comment I've ever read on the internet.

Congratulations.

We should just turn off the water next Friday till Sunday. 

Then the knobs who are not saving water will understand what day zero actually means. Turn the whole city off, even okes who would not get cut off at day zero. 

Then turn it back on and be like, there you go, lets avoid that.

We should just turn off the water next Friday till Sunday.

Then the knobs who are not saving water will understand what day zero actually means. Turn the whole city off, even okes who would not get cut off at day zero.

Then turn it back on and be like, there you go, lets avoid that.

I was thinking the exact same thing

I was thinking the exact same thing

I know it will probably damage some pipes, but they going to get damaged when we run out of water any way... To extend day zero we should have full rolling shut off's of water, like 2 days off one day on.

So new water restriction measures announced today (quite severe). Whilst I understand the tourist value of the event is it not a bit "selfish" of the organisers to forge ahead with such an event when capetonians, cyclists included, are staring down the barrel of a gun with severe water shortages? Surely both organisers and participants need to understand the direct and indirect effect this event can have on the already stretched resources........

Not wanting to stir a fight, just putting some rational thinking out there!

about the 10th time I'm posting this image

post-1830-0-18912000-1503396020_thumb.png

Which large events are currently being held, or were recently held in CPT?

As I understand it, Day 0 has been moved forward due to a big increase in water usage recently. At this rate, Day 0 will arrive long before the Cape Town Cycle Tour, with little help from visitors from elsewhere...

Day Zero is a scare tactic, and is currently end of april.

And it seems to be working.

It's there because some chops haven't got the message yet.

it's currently calculated on present consumption and when the dams hit 13,5%.

Do you know how much water 13,5% still is?!

It's also a straight line graph, which is not what happens when something is running out.

Day Zero is a scare tactic, and is currently end of april.

And it seems to be working.

It's there because some chops haven't got the message yet.

it's currently calculated on present consumption and when the dams hit 13,5%.

Do you know how much water 13,5% still is?!

It's also a straight line graph, which is not what happens when something is running out.

Do you know how much mud is in that last 13.5%?

I see the drought (lack of planning) levy has been dropped. So they finally figured out that charging us more isn't going to make water miraculously appear in the dams.

I really am truly surprised. Generally when our government decides to charge us more for something we've already paid for (E-tolls anyone?) they go full steam ahead. And anyone refusing to pay the drought levy would be squarely to blame for aaaaallllll of our water woes.

Funny how more money is ALWAYS the solution to the problem hey? The conspiracy theorist in me thinks all of this is all about money and power anyway.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I see the drought (lack of planning) levy has been dropped. So they finally figured out that charging us more isn't going to make water miraculously appear in the dams.

Uhm yes, the levy was dropped and the price of water hiked significantly, way beyond what the levy would have cost us. And nobody is noticing or saying anything... We are truly idiots...