[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

We have quite a bit, actually:

28/1 Cyclo Sportif #1 - 91km

4/2 Bouckaert-Soenen - 123km

10/2 99er - 99km

25/2 Tour de PPA - 110km

4! That's HALF of what we use to have basically just in February not so many years back.

Edited by Icycling

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4! That's HALF of what we use to have basically just in February not so many years back.

There may be some WP stuff I'm not aware of.

There may be some WP stuff I'm not aware of.

There is WP champs but unfortunately the Vets cat is 20 years i.e. 30 (29) - 49. Been at the tall end of that cat not much hope!

There is WP champs but unfortunately the Vets cat is 20 years i.e. 30 (29) - 49. Been at the tall end of that cat not much hope!

Ja, that is just ridiculous. Theoretically, father and son can both compete in the same cat!

Out of a 100 (100%), what are the chances we get to ride the route we entered on the day? I personally think its less than 50% - if I am wrong I should start training a bit more! But unfortunately like most thing we will only know the actual answer when its too late (to train).

wait, so we've had 39 Argusses (sp?)

There was a few detours, but that didn't do much to the distance

there was the fire year, which was half the distance

then there was last year, which got canned.

Therefore ~96% chance.

And....if you're not scared there's a few dirt road prep races you can do to be even stronger! Some can be done on CX bikes....other's you would need a mtb.

Starting with Attakwas 20th Jan (120km), TransBreede Ultra (110km) 28th Jan.... :clap:  :whistling: 

There are also a lot less races up here as well compared to previous years. Gerald's race used to be just before the Argus but but it moved to just before 947 and nothing has been put in it's place. The emperors race also always used to be this time of year and now its in April. There used to be a race from Serengeti and that just disappeared into thin air. We do have a few of these smaller races to do but they non timed and sometimes more of a schlep than anything.

Why are the age group gaps so big at WP champs? we have 5 year gaps. Not very fair.

Perhaps because organizing road races became too expensive and the number of participants shrank to the point where it is no longer viable for a charity organization or NGO to run a race as a fundraising event. That used to be the single most common way races in the Western Cape were organized. The big races survived, the smaller events died. Perhaps the increased difficulty to get permission from municipalities and the traffic departments also added another nail to the coffin?

wait, so we've had 39 Argusses (sp?)

There was a few detours, but that didn't do much to the distance

there was the fire year, which was half the distance

then there was last year, which got canned.

Therefore ~96% chance.

Your theory is sound, however....

If we take into account the change in environment (political, social and environmental) and only work over the last 5 years (when the changes have been most significant), then we have about  55% chance :-)

*Just having a bit of fun - not too be taken too seriously...*

What are the best seeding events I can do within the next 2 months for the CTCT?

I was thinking 99er and the signal hill climb (if they do that again).

What is my last chance on getting a seed?

When is the cut-off date to still sell an entry for substitution purposes? :wacko:  

Looking for a buyer? I'll take it if you selling