[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

From the people I have chatted to and interviewed about this it is actually the opposite in some cases. The fat and lazy have always been fat and lazy. (Maybe e bikes will change that) it’s actually there is so much more available for the active kids to now do. Park runs, mtb, kite surf, sup, surf ski, trail run, cross fit there is so much more for youngsters and families to do now days than in the past.

M. Good point. Happy to be wrong here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think there is one answer, probably 45 things. Maybe the youngsters don’t like coffee, banana bread and long socks?

Or coffee socks/banana socks

That is an average of 8% per year which I would assume is more than inflation but not ridiculous?

In line with my response to lcycling I don't think entry fees are really the main issue, I agree with DJR, mtb'ing is just a far more attractive proposition for parents. That said, at least they are cycling when they are mtb'ing, think it is easy to cross over to road cycling when they are older and there is no reason you only have to do one or the other.

My comment on entry in reference to Pure Savage comment on trying to organize in Southern Suburbs:

"I tried organizing an event in the SS last year, the cost would have been more than double a CTCT entry if they even allowed you on the roads. So many road works at the moment."

I would be quite happy if at least 2 events did take place in Jan or Feb before the cycle tour, even if 50% of the entry came from the "PPA / Cape Town cycle tour" coffers. Even if it was red hill laps 3 or 4 time or route of what was last the Cycle lab event / Roller coaster (maybe red hill instead of the Military road). Many years ago we even had an event the sent all the way though the nature reserve to the point and back think started basically where the Noordhoek shopping center is.

Edited by Icycling

I don't get the reference to the coffee and bread and socks?

versus make coffee socks and banana socks and savage are sponsored by versus. Savage also do a lot of coffee stops at bootleggers. Do you follow them on twitter/IG?

versus make coffee socks and banana socks and savage are sponsored by versus. Savage also do a lot of coffee stops at bootleggers. Do you follow them on twitter/IG?

We are not sponsored by versus, we just buy a lot of versus socks.

For those looking to get some entries for CTCT, got this in my inbox this morning:

"Want to cycle the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour but don't have an entry?

You're in luck!

We have secured 500 Cape Town Cycle Tour entries available ONLY to RaceTec chip holders. 

This offer ends Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 1pm or when the entry limit has been reached."

I'm not normally one to pay any attention to rumors, especially in public forums, however someone that I would trust says he's heard from inside the tour organizing committee there is talk of possibly cancelling the tour due to the severe drought.

Anybody that can confirm or deny this based on 1st hand reliable info?

I sincerely hope his informant is wrong on this one!! 

I'm not normally one to pay any attention to rumors, especially in public forums, however someone that I would trust says he's heard from inside the tour organizing committee there is talk of possibly cancelling the tour due to the severe drought.

Anybody that can confirm or deny this based on 1st hand reliable info?

I sincerely hope his informant is wrong on this one!! 

You should reconsider the type of people you trust...  :ph34r:

False rumours, sure someone will post the link soon  ^_^

For those looking to get some entries for CTCT, got this in my inbox this morning:

"Want to cycle the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour but don't have an entry?

You're in luck!

We have secured 500 Cape Town Cycle Tour entries available ONLY to RaceTec chip holders. 

This offer ends Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 1pm or when the entry limit has been reached."

Trying to help a friend out with an entry. Do you perhaps know whether there are still any of these entries available? On the CTCT website it only shows that International entries are still open.

Edit: I also tried the Racetec website. Not able to enter there either.

Edited by Ferro

Trying to help a friend out with an entry. Do you perhaps know whether there are still any of these entries available? On the CTCT website it only shows that International entries are still open.

I don't think I'll be riding this year so mine will go up for sale should that be an option