[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that they have started removing the concrete stretch of road at the end of sea point, wonder if it will all be done by the time Argus comes around?

There are also now road works in Lakeside.

Also road works from Ocean view to Noordehoek, but that road cannot possible get worse.

Maybe it'll be dubbed a neutral zone like the pass at Montague for the DC. [emoji6]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

maybe the Ocean View to Noordhoek wont happen. Protester might just be there again.

It’s blindingly obvious that is the most risky part of the route. If I am a disgruntled Masi resident, I will pick this day to make a statement. I really hope the Bellairs and Co have a contingency plan for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s blindingly obvious that is the most risky part of the route. If I am a disgruntled Masi resident, I will pick this day to make a statement. I really hope the Bellairs and Co have a contingency plan for that

still believe that was the reason of last years protest as so many eyes was on the residents to make a statement. And it was very dangerous for any cyclist to past it. Wind was a factor but do think to protest was the bigger factor for the cancellation

No. The route had already been shortened to 78km (via Glencairn Expressway) because of protests before the first batch left. JOC was dealing with:
1. Dangerous and fairly unpredictable winds, with very strong gusts (not necessarily for experienced cyclists, but certainly for more social riders, had it continued through the morning); and

2. A fire on the Hout Bay side which, again, was unpredictable. 

Edited by hilton_

still believe that was the reason of last years protest as so many eyes was on the residents to make a statement. And it was very dangerous for any cyclist to past it. Wind was a factor but do think to protest was the bigger factor for the cancellation

I really don't get these conspiracy theories being pushed on thehub. The organisers were quite clear that the wind, protests and fires and the combination thereof were all factors that led to the cancellation. Arguing about which were the biggest factor is pointless.

I really don't get these conspiracy theories being pushed on thehub. The organisers were quite clear that the wind, protests and fires and the combination thereof were all factors that led to the cancellation. Arguing about which were the biggest factor is pointless.

And no real point to the argument either? If we were ever to discover what the biggest issue was, will that help us sleep better at night? Or are we then gonna doubt it? Or come up with theories as to why the others had more influence.

I presume it was a combination of the 3 issues that led to the stoppage. Please don't debate now what percentage each problem contributed to the stoppage, that's a can of worms we need to keep firmly closed(or open a separate thread for).

Either way, it's a year later, the next one is coming up, we can either squabble about the same thing we have been for the last year or get over it(yes, life moves on, so should you) and prepare ourselves for the race. When you crying up chappies and suikerbossie you will wish you had trained more instead of typing away on your keyboard about how useless everyone is and how doomed this event is to never happen again.

And no real point to the argument either? If we were ever to discover what the biggest issue was, will that help us sleep better at night? Or are we then gonna doubt it? Or come up with theories as to why the others had more influence.

I presume it was a combination of the 3 issues that led to the stoppage. Please don't debate now what percentage each problem contributed to the stoppage, that's a can of worms we need to keep firmly closed(or open a separate thread for).

Either way, it's a year later, the next one is coming up, we can either squabble about the same thing we have been for the last year or get over it(yes, life moves on, so should you) and prepare ourselves for the race. When you crying up chappies and suikerbossie you will wish you had trained more instead of typing away on your keyboard about how useless everyone is and how doomed this event is to never happen again.

Agree - its much more important for the organizers to have a contingency plan for each of these scenarios than to debate their priority

Hi all, I cant make this race and have entered. If anyone interested you welcome to take over mine..... Whatever the process, if you looking mine up for grabs.

Taken

Thanks Bruce

Hi,

CHOC has a big presence at the 947 and some of the Durban events (Amashova and Midmar Mile).  I have been proudly riding in the Cows Kit for the last few years.

We are trying to expand our presence in the Cape.  We have a few entries left for the Argus / CTCT.  Here is your opportunity to get a charity entry.  For the entry only it is R1000 and R2000 for the entry with Cows Kit.

P M directly or send an email to daisy@thecows.co.za 

Hope you can support this great cause