[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Or just ride with your MTB on the left side over the yellow lines

Problem is, the road narrows after the turn and that lane left of the yellow disappears. Going to be interesting..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice from PPA:

PPA members who had entered and registered for the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour will get the first chance to get their entries in from 7-13 September when entries for this group opens. “These members had missed out in 2017,” explained Robert Vogel, PPA CEO. “They had paid for their entries; had registered, and were ready to ride when the event was cancelled. In order to ‘give back’ to these members, this year PPA is giving these riders an additional R50 discount on top of the discounted PPA entry fee.” 

In addition, PPA members who had registered and paid to ride a second lap in 2017, will not be charged to ride a second lap in 2018 (should they qualify for and want to ride two laps in 2018).

In addition, PPA members who had registered and paid to ride a second lap in 2017, will not be charged to ride a second lap in 2018 (should they qualify for and want to ride two laps in 2018).

Now that is a nice windfall for me, payed for the second lap a few times now without using it (once was my own issues, twice nature was to blame) - wasn't planning on paying for a second lap again next year.

Now that is a nice windfall for me, payed for the second lap a few times now without using it (once was my own issues, twice nature was to blame) - wasn't planning on paying for a second lap again next year.

Think that it is a nice gesture to those that did pay last time for the second lap.

I am actually most excited for the jnr cycle tour with my youngster, did not want to push him last year but he is loving his BB at the moment.

Its just to hard finding an out front garmin mount for those thin balance bike handlebars.

I specially sent a mail and also spoken to the CTCT office arranging the Junior riders DATE, requesting to have it the Saturday 10th March (us Gauteng families also like to do these things with our kids - THIS YEAR will be my sons 3rd 94.7 Kiddies race and he is only 3  :thumbup: ), but unfortunately they did not listen to me  :ph34r:  :devil:

At least he did ONE Junior Cape Town Tour when he was only 11 months old  :clap:  hope you guys and toddlers enjoy the day on the 4th March! Maybe in a year or 5 they can change it back again to the day before the CTCT.

I specially sent a mail and also spoken to the CTCT office arranging the Junior riders DATE, requesting to have it the Saturday 10th March (us Gauteng families also like to do these things with our kids - THIS YEAR will be my sons 3rd 94.7 Kiddies race and he is only 3  :thumbup: ), but unfortunately they did not listen to me  :ph34r:  :devil:

At least he did ONE Junior Cape Town Tour when he was only 11 months old  :clap:  hope you guys and toddlers enjoy the day on the 4th March! Maybe in a year or 5 they can change it back again to the day before the CTCT.

On the website they say only from 2 years old. How did you get it right? My lightie will be 10 days short of 2 years old and really want to enter him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't try and mess with my schedule!!

here is the program

Sun4 March - kiddies cycle tour

Sat10 March  - Stellenbosch WC

Sun11 March - argus.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't try and mess with my schedule!!

here is the program

Sun4 March - kiddies cycle tour

Sat10 March  - Stellenbosch WC

Sun11 March - argus.

Don't worry  :thumbup:  :ph34r:  my mails were done in June or July sometime...LOL...you are safe with those dates!!!

On the website they say only from 2 years old. How did you get it right? My lightie will be 10 days short of 2 years old and really want to enter him.

Our son was about 18 months old when he did his first 94.7  :thumbup:  

Just go and enter him under the KIDDIES ride with ID number and all the rest of the info they request (as normal and as you would enter yourself - was a long time back, but they also need medical information and dad / mom name and contact numbers) - we did not have any issues to enter him, JUST DO IT  :clap:  let me know if you get sorted? 

It's a fun day out and the same place where we start the normal race now - they ride around a few of the circles (depending on the age, the little kiddies only go around 1 circle and about 1km) and it costs like R160 per kid and they get a shirt included and also a goodie bag...O YES AND ALSO A NICE MEDAL.

The hats are like R99 (or something like that). 2015 the hat was awesome and he still wears it today...last year the Telkom hat was really crappy...not sure what happened to it...LOL. 

Just enter your son, I am sure it will be fine...

Our son was about 18 months old when he did his first 94.7  :thumbup:

Just go and enter him under the KIDDIES ride with ID number and all the rest of the info they request (as normal and as you would enter yourself - was a long time back, but they also need medical information and dad / mom name and contact numbers) - we did not have any issues to enter him, JUST DO IT  :clap:  let me know if you get sorted? 

It's a fun day out and the same place where we start the normal race now - they ride around a few of the circles (depending on the age, the little kiddies only go around 1 circle and about 1km) and it costs like R160 per kid and they get a shirt included and also a goodie bag...O YES AND ALSO A NICE MEDAL.

The hats are like R99 (or something like that). 2015 the hat was awesome and he still wears it today...last year the Telkom hat was really crappy...not sure what happened to it...LOL. 

Just enter your son, I am sure it will be fine...

Done :thumbup: No issues, Birds race here we come. So I saw the option for the hat but they didn't have a picture. Said logo coming soon. So didn't get it. Will probably be able to get it at the expo if its cool.

Thanks.

Done :thumbup: No issues, Birds race here we come. So I saw the option for the hat but they didn't have a picture. Said logo coming soon. So didn't get it. Will probably be able to get it at the expo if its cool.

Thanks.

Great  :clap:  glad I could be of assistance...yes I think you should be able to buy a hat if you want to. The kiddies "expo" is very small and together with the MTB expo and collection is in a marque tent at the same place where the 94.7 road race will start. 

The Birds "race" is first up and lekker early...enjoy it and have fun with your son  :thumbup: