[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

I chatted to some guys who did the Munga about the use of an aero bar and they had mixed views, some said it is critical and some said that you do not get the full benefit as the road is to rough.

What is your view?

There are times you will be thankful you have it especially if you do not have drops.

My opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, we are looking for some serious Munga contenders doing the 2017 race.
We would like to investigate the possibility of partnering with one (or more) contenders to gain insight into the specific event in exchange for, well, lets discuss.  
Please let me know your contact details or send a PM.
Thanks

A quick note to Munga riders: Thanks for all the interest thus far, so it's now time for a final call to anyone wanting to come to the party as D-Day is getting closer!

• 2 weeks later...

I chatted to some guys who did the Munga about the use of an aero bar and they had mixed views, some said it is critical and some said that you do not get the full benefit as the road is to rough.

What is your view?

Aero bars were very useful to me. I spent more time in aero position than not. Aero also gives your backside more than one position for some relief.

Contrary to belief, the Munga roads are not that bad. The farm jeep tracks are quite rough but they never last for too long. And believe me, if those headwinds start blowing, you'll be very thankfull for the aero position...

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

What is your view?

My buddy used one last year and will be again this year, but with more training on it.  He didn't do enough training on it before the race last year, so wasn't able to use it as much as he wanted to.  

When we go for rides now, when he goes into the tuck position on the bars, he just pulls away from me.  Same power intensity on the pedals, but with the aero he just goes.  I have to up my intensity a lot to keep up, which is not easy after eight plus hours!  

My buddy used one last year and will be again this year, but with more training on it.  He didn't do enough training on it before the race last year, so wasn't able to use it as much as he wanted to.  

When we go for rides now, when he goes into the tuck position on the bars, he just pulls away from me.  Same power intensity on the pedals, but with the aero he just goes.  I have to up my intensity a lot to keep up, which is not easy after eight plus hours!  

Yip, my findings as well.

• 2 weeks later...

29 days to go for Hubland to stare at dots again for a few days. Hope that training for Hubbers that enterred is progressing well.

Starting to nip big time.

Every time I think of it I feel as if I have a runny tummy.

for interest sake, what mileage have you done for training?

ek vra maar nie van elevation nie want die vrystaat is mos so plat as jy jou vrou wegjaag kan jy haar vir 3 dae lank sien stap

for interest sake, what mileage have you done for training?

ek vra maar nie van elevation nie want die vrystaat is mos so plat as jy jou vrou wegjaag kan jy haar vir 3 dae lank sien stap

Fanie I reset my GPS two months ago. I checked on Sunday it is on 3800 km.

I have been klapping serious gym time.

I feel lekker.

Hoping that it all goes well

Just a quick one okes. Sunscreen?

I sweat lots so a greasy sunscreen is going to annoy me. I have never used any sunscreen and I work in the sun everyday. But this is going to be something else. So sunscreen is essential. Any suggestions?

We are all rooting for you Vettie!

No matter what the outcome, it is simply awesome that you are sharing this with us

Shot SB