[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

Why..other development riders can enter if they so choose..Martin does great work with his riders I don't see why they should be punished because others aren't entering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not mocking Martin at all, i'm a huge fan of changealife.

Just saying it's odd that no one else has ever entered, and it's not like there aren't any exxaro or Absa diepsloot etc etc guys who could go for it. There isn't an official cat on the leaderboard, but it currently looks like they won't even fill the podium spots in this division.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's vetties name?

Good morning from the north... Workshop till 3...I fear I'm going to miss the finish the pace the guys are going. Last year they finished on the Saturday. Are the conditions better?

Last year/Hein Visser:

Start

RV1 13hrs

RV2 10

RV3  15

RV4  12

RV5   17

Finish  4

total ~71hours

2017 - Marco Martins

Start 

RV1   9hrs

RV2   8

RV3   9

RV4   13

RV5   13  (projected)

Finish 3 (projected)

total ~55hours, 7pm tonight!

With about 10hours to go, a lead of 50km is quite significant. Will reasses once KB is at the bottom of the pass. I'd have to guess that MM has about 90% got this. KB and DG about 5% and 4%. everyone else 1%

With about 10hours to go, a lead of 50km is quite significant. Will reasses once KB is at the bottom of the pass

Is Marco just riding faster or did Hein stop a lot more?

What's vetties name?

Good morning from the north... Workshop till 3...I fear I'm going to miss the finish the pace the guys are going. Last year they finished on the Saturday. Are the conditions better?

With better do you mean cooler and no wind..if so NOPE???? apparently hotter and headwind expected for most of the day.

If you mean blue skies..yip [emoji23]

Edited by Gen

The weather in the first half of last year was terrible - looks to have been a lot better this year

kannieverstaannie

RV2 is Transkaroo Country Lodge in Britstown

Now i never been there, but this is not a big dorpie. Apart from the legendary NGK lentebal this is the biggest annual event in town. It was 7:30am. it really can't have been that hard to find.

Also why would you even want to you miss an RV...you get food and water there, did he even look for it?

edit - looking at timestamps, he took 5 minutes to get through Britstown - the penalty is his own fault.

Edited by rider#35

What's vetties name?

Dale de Kiewit

Not mocking Martin at all, i'm a huge fan of changealife.

Just saying it's odd that no one else has ever entered, and it's not like there aren't any exxaro or Absa diepsloot etc etc guys who could go for it. There isn't an official cat on the leaderboard, but it currently looks like they won't even fill the podium spots in this division.

I am all for developing talent. But at some stage a development rider should be not classified as a development rider. That is if the development has been done correctly. Or am I wrong?

Also, if a rider has done an event and finished in the top percentage, he/she should not be seen as a development rider the next time he/she enters such a race?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I can't help but to read an undertone to his whole experience this year...

#notsohappyreturns

Mmm I tend to agree with you.. Africa 1-him -5.

He missed the check-in because he wasn't paying attention fatigue and nutrition can play funny games with your mind .... .... the organisers aren't traffic cops they aren't going to hide the check-in behind a bush.

Edited by Gen

I am all for developing talent. But at some stage a development rider should be not classified as a development rider. That is if the development has been done correctly. Or am I wrong?

Also, if a rider has done an event and finished in the top percentage, he/she should not be seen as a development rider the next time he/she enters such a race?

They take nothing away from you, me or the other riders by being classified as development riders if they have come though an academy.

But they do serve as potential inspiration for other youngsters, for role-models in their communities and for motivation to other academies to prepare riders.

I have no problem with them entering.

I'm guessing both.

it appears the weather has been rather mild compared to the first 2 editions. and there has been a lot of tailwinds

Headwinds today from about luncthime

https://www.windy.com/?-32.792,20.031,9

Won't be 45'C hot like Erik said in the video, I think he's referring to the temp his car reads sitting in the sun!

Mmm we're these guys who missed it riding together?

I dont know. The others could very well have dropped out for other reasons.

I can't help but to read an undertone to his whole experience this year...

#notsohappyreturns

He has won in this country but I think he picked the wrong steed for the race. This is not a 360km sprint and as he says, the corrugations got to him.

I trust he will race here again.

They take nothing away from you, me or the other riders by being classified as development riders if they have come though an academy.

But they do serve as potential inspiration for other youngsters, for role-models in their communities and for motivation to other academies to prepare riders.

I have no problem with them entering.

I am not implying any of such...

Just asking