Hope HB 160

BaGearA

Okay to get this bike HERE you're looking at atleast 130k which is one hella amount of money but consider this quickly 

This entire bike (70% roughly ) is made in their in house factory so they are making A bike for the least amount of money possible ( all their own stuff ect. ect.) 

So where do they get off asking R130 000 rand for the bike ? 

I mean yeah it's hope ( other than their brakes , its hard to tell the difference between their crank and an xtr crank for example performance wise ) but that doesn't justify the price.

Let me know what you think

SB6C R105k ( for similar build , but better wheels)

Capra CF 75K ( also similar build , also better wheels)

And those ^ are full carbon , HB160 has an alloy rear end 

post-46013-0-95151200-1503580150_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling @Myles to point out the reasons... :)

I'm sure there are A  few but ...

The brake mount is hardly worth it 

Edited by BaGearA

Personally I wouldn't as I've never really seen reason for the massive devotion that Hope gets. The first review of it was a bit so, so and seemed to overlook the issues because it is Hope, well respected and has taken a shed load of time to get to actually happen.

They do lay up the whole thing in the UK and have tapped into the carbon F1 expertise there.There are some pretty trick things in the production and set up, swing arm looks like it's been deliberated and machined a million times and... as I said I'm not the target market. 

But what do I know, I go weak at the knees for single pivot, expensive, alloy bikes from Orange so frankly I'll get my coat and leave! 

Edited by hellocolour

If you have to ask why, you're not their target market.

If you don't have to ask why, then good luck with getting one..... 1 bike per shop per month.... or something along those lines....

I will just compromise and get an Evil instead..... :) ok - maybe not yet....

If you don't have to ask why, then good luck with getting one..... 1 bike per shop per month.... or something along those lines....

I will just compromise and get an Evil instead..... :) ok - maybe not yet....

500 a year. 

and yes, you're paying UK labour rates. For a frame and top end componentry that takes a lot longer to put together than a normal santa or yeti would.

As for parts spec... just start tallying up the retail price of the components on there. And the frame construction cost isn't going to be cheap, considering the above.  

CR500

Really?? Coz suicide with a gun is for pussies? Have you ever ridden a 2 stroke 250? They are truly terrifying things to ride. I can't imagine what a 500 would be like.

My post wasn't about moto vs MTB. It served to highlight the frankly ridiculous prices we all swallow up without question. Oh and you could easily finance the KTM. You'd be an idiot to do so but you could.

Edited by Duane_Bosch