Hi guys, any idea why the silicone leg grippers "dried up" on my platinum bib?

The gripper dots have hardened and they are now pretty scratchy. So much so that I'm contemplating cutting that bit off (wear them under baggies anyway.) These bibs are a couple of years old now, but the chamois and lycra are still perfect, so it's a waste not wearing them because of the scratchy bit at the end.

I'm scared it might be something during washing that made this happen, and I really want prevent it happening to any of my other shorts.

33f2f6ebc0b13bb27e795e2c52e10698.jpg

Philip, I'll send you a pm with my email address is a second... I'm not sure why they've aged like that, salt, sweat, sun and washing chemicals can throw up some spanners from time to time, but it's a relatively easy fix. We can replace the band with a fresh one for a small fee, will just take a week or two to get it done

Glad the the rest is still holding up strong  :thumbup:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

If you're in the market for some winter gear, don't miss out on our clearance sale of Arm, Leg and Knee warmers at the Anatomic factory stores, starting tomorrow. The offer is while stocks last, but we have good stock levels, so there should be plenty to go around. Most items marked down around 40%  ;)

post-32203-0-50620700-1535739665_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think http://www.weardirect.co.za/ is timing out ?

I usually would preferred the flag smaller, but like this

Glad you like it... try again now if you can, don't see any issues on our side and we did also just conclude another sale. Otherwise please pm me a screen shot and will get technical guys to have a look into it  :thumbup:

Glad you like it... try again now if you can, don't see any issues on our side and we did also just conclude another sale. Otherwise please pm me a screen shot and will get technical guys to have a look into it  :thumbup:

Andrew, what would be the general cost to have one custom cycling jersey done? or would one jersey be worth your time?

Andrew, what would be the general cost to have one custom cycling jersey done? or would one jersey be worth your time?

It's very expensive... all the setup, admin and prep costs for one shirt are nearly the same as for 100 shirts, so it really eases the costing up when you can spread those out across a number of items.

Here's a basic price breakdown for cycling jerseys in different quantities so you can see effectively how it rolls out.

post-3544-0-86156600-1538561611_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrew, my wife saw some friends riding 7WeeksPoort in some of your kit (they picked it up at Argus expo) with matching buffs. Black with bright flowers on it. Looking at the site above (weardirect), I could not find anything. Closest was arm warmers looking like that. 

She is specifically interested in the buff. Are you planning on having a rerun on those or has it gone the way of the dodo?

Hi Andrew, my wife saw some friends riding 7WeeksPoort in some of your kit (they picked it up at Argus expo) with matching buffs. Black with bright flowers on it. Looking at the site above (weardirect), I could not find anything. Closest was arm warmers looking like that. 

She is specifically interested in the buff. Are you planning on having a rerun on those or has it gone the way of the dodo?

SeaBee, the design you are looking for is called Petal Power - there is a ladies top, Chido (buff like headscarf), Cycling Cap, UV sleeves and even a running Peak available in the design. We do still have stock of them, but it's unfortunately no longer on Weardirect.

Can you drop me a pm with your contacts and I will get Pieter to get in touch with you about sending you one... else I am not sure if you are near the Cape Town store anytime soon, but they should also have some stock remaining (always just call ahead though to check)