• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What bike was this?

Just saw an ad on facebook. Guy selling his R160K bike for R95K

I don't know which bike it could be.

The scary thing for me is that everyone knows who the guy is, yet the police are unable to find him.

Look, this sucks balls, but how can he think that bike is worth R160k?

Because it is some top of the range Look Mtb. Is probably what he paid for it, that's why it is worth 160k to him. 

still baffles me why peeps are riding in those "hot" spots :o . thank goodness nothing happened to the rider :) .

I have managed to escape/avoid an attack there a while back. I was lucky. 

Stopped cycling past Kayamandi a long time ago. I don't understand why people put themselves at risk cycling past there. 

I go over Polkadraai or take the Devon Valley Road past JC le Roux. Yes, it's a few more hills to climb. Can only be good for your training. 

FFS man. It really its time for a sting operation there.

How much before enough  is enough?! So lets look at a few things quickly.

- The riders are robbed and bikes get taken into Kayamandi.

- The bikes never seen again which means they are shipped out the area.

- The community aswell as the cops know exactly who the Kingpin is.

- Somehow the cops cannot seem to "find" him or they just do not want to because some are on said Kingpins payroll.

So what can be done?

- Try contact Hawks to get involved as these are Serious crimes and there is clearly a massive operation being run and all these top end bikes end up somewhere.

- Cycling community come together and chip in/put together a substantial "reward" for the person wo is willing to come forward with information which could lead to arrests and conviction of said Kingpin.

- Get Carte Blanche to investigate this issue AGAIN and start questioning the Police as to why nothing is being done when they know full well who the Kingpin is!(They might struggle as they were robbed of their camera equipment whilst shooting)

Anybody have any other thoughts maybe? I mean if it means we must go and burn tyres, flip police vans, set them alight and toyi toyi outside the Stellenbosch Police Station to be heard, then maybe that is what needs to be done because that seems to be the only way to get noticed and taken note of in todays South Africa unfortunately!!(I doubt I would take part in this suggestion above, It was just a suggestion after all)

Look, this sucks balls, but how can he think that bike is worth R160k?

What bike was it? 

When was the last time you looked at top end bike prices?

2019 Scott Spark RC 900 RL, R180k... lag lag.

Cannondale Black - R180k

Santa Cruz V10 - R195k

Colnago C64 - R220k

Pinarello K10S - R260k

Seems to be same incident - LOOK bike

I was just about to say this, its not a new incident it was just posted 2 weeks ago in this very thread (previous page).

How much before enough  is enough?! So lets look at a few things quickly.

- The riders are robbed and bikes get taken into Kayamandi.

- The bikes never seen again which means they are shipped out the area.

- The community aswell as the cops know exactly who the Kingpin is.

- Somehow the cops cannot seem to "find" him or they just do not want to because some are on said Kingpins payroll.

So what can be done?

- Try contact Hawks to get involved as these are Serious crimes and there is clearly a massive operation being run and all these top end bikes end up somewhere.

- Cycling community come together and chip in/put together a substantial "reward" for the person wo is willing to come forward with information which could lead to arrests and conviction of said Kingpin.

- Get Carte Blanche to investigate this issue AGAIN and start questioning the Police as to why nothing is being done when they know full well who the Kingpin is!(They might struggle as they were robbed of their camera equipment whilst shooting)

Anybody have any other thoughts maybe? I mean if it means we must go and burn tyres, flip police vans, set them alight and toyi toyi outside the Stellenbosch Police Station to be heard, then maybe that is what needs to be done because that seems to be the only way to get noticed and taken note of in todays South Africa unfortunately!!(I doubt I would take part in this suggestion above, It was just a suggestion after all)

I'm not sure how well this is implemented in the police, but I don't think that a police officer should be working in the same area that he is currently living in.

Kingpin and his group would know exactly where the cop lives, wife works, kids go to school, etc. etc.

Easiest way to get him to turn a blind eye (even get some free moola) for his own and his families' safety.

I don't know how you solve this problem, but community and police are definitely turning a blind eye to all of this, possibly out of fear.

• 1 month later...

There was another incident this morning. It happened around the bridge area past the camera going towards the N1 (leaving Stellies). I stopped there at 09:10. Lady were knocked off Cannondale tt and bike stolen. ADT were on the scene and they said they knew who the culprits are - were looking for them.

Edited by JohanC