Chapman's Peak Drive resurfacing

buchanan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I did really well to wait a full 8 pages before posting the pics. 

I was starting to think you had gone all soft on us so I thought you needed an opening. Besides I dig the pics of my favorite route and bikehub is free company internet whereas IG is personal cell phone data so I try keep that to a minimum towards month end when the allocated data starts reaching mb status :whistling:

For anyone interested, SANRAL's guidelines on pavement surfacing in the link below. From what has been done it is hard to say whether this is the finished product, but it could be likely (Think pass between Grabouw and Botrivier). Depending whether additional work is planned it will most likely be a single seal, as most stated the road was in a fair condition prior to construction.

Not a civil engineer in pavement engineering, graduated BEng last year so did some theory on pavement seal types. So don't take my word for it, just wanted to share my thoughts on the topic.

http://www.nra.co.za/content/Blogin/04.pdf

Now where's DisyLizzy when you need her!?

She would by this time already have gone out for an in loco examination, and gave her qualified opinion.

I believe the "big boys" were out there yesterday to inspect :whistling:

It appears that this type of seal has been used all over the province, even on a large stretch of the route used for the One Tonner ^_^

I believe the "big boys" were out there yesterday to inspect :whistling:

It appears that this type of seal has been used all over the province, even on a large stretch of the route used for the One Tonner ^_^

Too busy to #hammer to notice the grit

Useless comment, but it's like hearing that a movie is really bad and when you go and watch it your expectations were so low that it was actually not that bad in the end.

That's how chappies felt this morning. I was expecting a rock garden from a xco race, but in the end it was actually not that bad [emoji16]

Definitely rideable.

Enjoy and be safe out there [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Useless comment, but it's like hearing that a movie is really bad and when you go and watch it your expectations were so low that it was actually not that bad in the end.

That's how chappies felt this morning. I was expecting a rock garden from a xco race, but in the end it was actually not that bad [emoji16]

Definitely rideable.

Enjoy and be safe out there [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Was originally excluded from this morning's ride, but curiosity got the better if us.

Not a pleasant surface to ride, but rideable nonetheless.