Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Apologies if this was covered above, but what are the timeline and testing he needs to comply with for this to be concluded?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The million dollar question. No one knows. No one is saying anything. Uncertainty all round.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this was covered above, but what are the timeline and testing he needs to comply with for this to be concluded?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in the words of Buzz Lightyear: “To infinity, and beyond”... it’s Monday, and a bit of humour is needed.

There is no time limit, as he hasn’t broken any rules. They only need to explain why the test returned as an AAF.

As they are going the kidney route, the pharmacokinetic test that others have done before is not required.

That’s what I’ve made of the (many) reports published by the media houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The million dollar question. No one knows. No one is saying anything. Uncertainty all round.

Yup. And its that uncertainty that I'm sure is starting to pi$$ his team mates off even if they dont say so in so many words.

The rest of the stronger/top members of the team wait to hear what is happening with CF and which races he will and wont be "allowed" to compete in.

Wout Poels is being politically polite at the moment but I'm sure hes annoyed at this "how long is a piece of string" scenario....

Yup. And its that uncertainty that I'm sure is starting to pi$$ his team mates off even if they dont say so in so many words.

The rest of the stronger/top members of the team wait to hear what is happening with CF and which races he will and wont be "allowed" to compete in.

Wout Poels is being politically polite at the moment but I'm sure hes annoyed at this "how long is a piece of string" scenario....

Teammates, race organisers, sponsors etc. 

Cycling shooting itself in the foot through indecision.

No doubt this is "Vuelta Salbutamol levels in the piss" simulation.

If that’s the case who will do the testing seeing it would need to down straight after one of these rides and he is down there in “darkest” Afrika

Are there any correctly accredited labs and testers?

If that’s the case who will do the testing seeing it would need to down straight after one of these rides and he is down there in “darkest” Afrika

Sky Dr will do the testing, Sky lawyer will swing it in his favour. They dont need accredited labs, all they need to do is provide a hypothesis on why he had 2x the level of allowed Salbutamol. They will combine these test with the kidney failure and the tainted bicarb capsules. Oh wait, scratch the last one.

There is no place for logic and reasoned thinking like that.

Here is the list, and there isn't a lab on the continent that is WADA accredited:

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/science-medical/laboratories/accredited-laboratories

So, unless he has a WADA official with him watching his every move, I think he's just trying to win Strava kudos. There is no way this whole "Grand Tour simulation" counts as science.

Interesting ...16f0bcecd74102d25a441e280a29c2ea.jpg

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

5 or 6 months starting from last September? ????

5 or 6 months starting from last September? [emoji15]

There is a whole twitter thread about the ban duration and when it will start apparently not backdated...It's very confusing..follow Inner Ring's discussion on it. Something about self suspension etc..which Sky and Froome have not done.

Some rules where changed after Bert's case..

It's a mess and complicated...and I am confused.

I can not see that the UCI will give him a shorter ban than Ulissi

But this is really ifs and buts and a whole lot of speculation at this stage.

To save his career this would be the way to go..else if he risks it and takes the chance with the PK and fails...that could mean a 2year ban

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sky Dr will do the testing, Sky lawyer will swing it in his favour. They dont need accredited labs, all they need to do is provide a hypothesis on why he had 2x the level of allowed Salbutamol. They will combine these test with the kidney failure and the tainted bicarb capsules. Oh wait, scratch the last one.

There is no place for logic and reasoned thinking like that.

Here is the list, and there isn't a lab on the continent that is WADA accredited:

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/science-medical/laboratories/accredited-laboratories

So, unless he has a WADA official with him watching his every move, I think he's just trying to win Strava kudos. There is no way this whole "Grand Tour simulation" counts as science.

We won’t know what they are up to... like we won’t know what really happened.

All we do know, is that they declined the option of doing the pharmacokinetic test - that others have done in the past - and have gone with another theory.

We won’t know what they are up to... like we won’t know what really happened.

All we do know, is that they declined the option of doing the pharmacokinetic test - that others have done in the past - and have gone with another theory.

Do we really...have Froome and or Sky publicly said that they aren't doing the PK test..did I miss that statement somehow [emoji848].. sorry I am not trying to be funny..I am asking a question an honest one.. I don't recall an official statement...

With this case unless it's a statement from team/rider/uci/wada everything else is speculation..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Archived