Bib-shorts

BikeisLife

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents worth

Assos Campissimo are the best bibs I have ever owned. Fit and stay in place for hours. Expensive but I believe in rather having one good pair than three or four so, so pairs.

Santini have lasted me about 8-9 years but beginning to show age. Lost a bit of weight so not as tight as I would like. Padding still 100%.

Castelli Sidi branded. Comfortable and wearing well. Got them in Spain at a very good price.

Craft Elite. Worst buy I have ever made on bibs. Padding to wide and grip around the legs stretched very quickly. They lost their fit after about 5-10 rides, very disappointed.

Edited by Loose cog

Privateer sell the Cuore range, I used to only ride Assos now I nearly exclusively ride Cuore. They are half the price of Assos and more comfortable. The guys at Privateer are a joy to work with. Large assos is the same size as large Cuore

6 grand for some of those Assos bibs, they would have to be able to ride the bike on their own before I pay that kind of tin.

Sportful & Pearl Izumi over here, think were about R1500 each.

Dig them both, very comfy.

Only seem to buy on sales, there are so many sales throughout the year.

Edited by Coolspin

Assos quality is undeniable.!

That said, it doesn't mean they work for everybody.

Leading brands are generally all good, but the challenge is finding the one that fits you best.

Then there are also lesser known gems too.

Trial and error I'm afraid.

Of course, once you've spent a fortune on one pair, you find a way to convince yourself that they are great. LOL

Edited by Thomo

Thanks for the replies everyone! Now to shop around and find the best deals. Going to have a look at the Assos, Cuore and Sportful range. Will let you know what the outcome is but I feel like anything will be better than my Capestorm pair!

Castelli gets another vote from me. I have three pairs and they are about 4 years old now. Hundreds of hours in those bibs and no issues at all. MTB only.

Ass on seat ! ,AKA assos undeniably a good product . The fit is just better than anything else .Also have Craft ,short rides only .Anatomic have impressed me .Specialized also make a very good bib short .Make sure of the fit by actually trying them on before you buy .NB!!!!

Does anybody around here wear non bib type of shorts. Like the ones you would find at Mr Price Sport. With the elastic waistband.

I met an oke the other day who says that he hates wearing bibs he only wears elastic waist band shorts. I personally would stop cycling if bibs were no longer available.

Edited by Vetseun

Does anybody around here wear non bib type of shorts. Like the ones you would find at Mr Price Sport. With the elastic waistband.

I met an oke the other day who says that he hates wearing bibs he only wears elastic waist band shorts. I personally would stop cycling if bibs were no longer available.

Ja nee...

have two pairs... wear them on IDT only. they're throwbacks from when me and my bum didn't know about bibs. now we do, and we're much happier

so my two cents worth on the topic....what about local in the form of VELOTEX??

I have worn(and am ashamed to say,have a cupboard full of them),Anatomic,First Ascent,Santini,Giordana,NORTHWAVE and a few branded bibs that have been made by other companies.

For the price,and quality of the gusset(a gel insert) there is very little to touch VELOTEX.Designed by a cyclist for cyclists,and at an exceptionally reasonable price.Just a pity that no shops locally(KZN) stock the brand.

But for the price of the ASSOS box i could probably get 2 pairs of " local is lekker'...