Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon wander off to Helderberg Yamaha and chat to Gavin - he'll give good advice - he'll probably try and sell you a new bike, but rather go for a decent used one - there are lots out there.

Thanks, will try pop in there - so do they sell used as per your suggestions above ?

The youngster who's bike I rode on the weekend was a 250 Yami 4 stroke for R24K and he said he picked up all his kit at Cash Crusaders - (The  Fox Pants and boots)  and then just bought himself a helmet and neck brace etc. 

But this guy can ride a bike - wow, was astounded how agile and light it was when he was doing his thing. 

Just sorry to read that my MTB skills will be of no use. 

P.S  I only weigh 70 kg so won't look at the 450 cc me thinks, would never be able to pick it up again.

Edited by NoMore Landy

And I forgot to mention medical bills.... :)

Saw some twit who tested his gumboots using an enduro bike over the weekend... didn't end well for his foot.

attachicon.gifGumboots.jpg

That looks pretty eina.  Let me guess a few Panados were subscribed somewhere along the line  :whistling:

Thanks, will try pop in there - so do they sell used as per your suggestions above ?

The youngster who's bike I rode on the weekend was a 250 Yami 4 stroke for R24K and he said he picked up all his kit at Cash Crusaders - (The  Fox Pants and boots)  and then just bought himself a helmet and neck brace etc. 

But this guy can ride a bike - wow, was astounded how agile and light it was when he was doing his thing. 

Just sorry to read that my MTB skills will be of no use. 

P.S  I only weigh 70 kg so won't look at the 450 cc me thinks, would never be able to pick it up again.

If he can't find you a good used one then there are a bunch of dealers up this side who will gladly do a deal for you and have it sent down.  R24k sounds a bit low for a good WR250 must be honest - but there are bargains out there.  If I was looking to buy a WR now I would set my budget at around R40k - you'll get a nice late model Aluminium frame one for that which won't have worked too hard.  You're welcome to drop me a pm if you find one and would like a second opinion.  But tell Gavin you spoke with Andy from Yamaha and I said he must help you out.

That looks pretty eina.  Let me guess a few Panados were subscribed somewhere along the line  :whistling:

They will be - when he gets off the apomorph.... that's going to take several bits of surgery to resolve still - 2 down and lots to come....

Proper boots might well have saved that.

And to think when I first started riding my Dad gave me his old pair of ISCOR safety boots!

Luckily you did not decide to test them out.... :)

They will be - when he gets off the apomorph.... that's going to take several bits of surgery to resolve still - 2 down and lots to come....

Proper boots might well have saved that.

Just amputate the foot and call it a day. 

Just amputate the foot and call it a day. 

That would probably be cheaper - not better - just cheaper.

I say again have a look at Wilddogs adv bike forum; maybe Moto 101 for a bike etc. These will give you lots of options remember if you want to buy proper kit R10 000 is gone in a flash. Lots of 2nd hand stuff on these forums and guys who will ride with you, look at bikes with you etc.

To bring this thread back on track - with all due respect to the aspiring MX riders.

My ex's NZ missions have been fast tracked substantially and she leaves on Friday for a week for a recce. She is top of the short list and if all goes well she will look at relocating in late Sept and get her **** sorted - house, car, bank, schools etc and then head back here in Dec for the University break (her position is with a University in Dunedin) then return for the new school/varsity year in early Jan.

Needless to say I am devastated and while I do with a heavy heart support her move it became reality a lot sooner than expected.

Her reasoning being the future for the children, and this week has lead me to believe she is has valid concerns with young children. I know, as I was born in Zambia and spent my early years there and my folks saw what was coming and made the right move at the right time.

Tough times ahead

To bring this thread back on track - with all due respect to the aspiring MX riders.

My ex's NZ missions have been fast tracked substantially and she leaves on Friday for a week for a recce. She is top of the short list and if all goes well she will look at relocating in late Sept and get her **** sorted - house, car, bank, schools etc and then head back here in Dec for the University break (her position is with a University in Dunedin) then return for the new school/varsity year in early Jan.

Needless to say I am devastated and while I do with a heavy heart support her move it became reality a lot sooner than expected.

Her reasoning being the future for the children, and this week has lead me to believe she is has valid concerns with young children. I know, as I was born in Zambia and spent my early years there and my folks saw what was coming and made the right move at the right time.

Tough times ahead

Dude.. Please make sure that this includes at least one flight back for your kids during the year. This will include alternating Christmases and birthdays if possible (bit difficult with birthdays if you have more than 1 kid).

Don't let her guilt you into allowing her to do this.. She is being selfish by not getting your full approval first.

[sarcasm follows]

You could of course be a real arsehole and phone the university and let them know they you have given your approval for her to take your kid/s

Edited by Stretch

Dude.. Please make sure that this includes at least one flight back for your kids during the year. This will include alternating Christmases and birthdays if possible (bit difficult with birthdays if you have more than 1 kid).

Don't let her guilt you into allowing her to do this.. She is being selfish by not getting your full approval first.

You could of course be a real arsehole and phone the university and let them know they you have given your approval for her to take your kid/s

I am sure she will be very happy

Nobody would win if he phoned... not the kids... not the ex and definatly not him - some things are not worth doing.

Nobody would win if he phoned... not the kids... not the ex and definatly not him - some things are not worth doing.

Just in case no one noticed that was very comic sans sarcastic font... Hence why I said he could be an arsehole.... My dark sadistic humour

I edited my original post just in case people think otherwise

Edited by Stretch