Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

My ex still wont relent on the insults and constant social media bashing. I do my best to ignore it, but it cuts deep and she always has to have the last word. I have learnt this over the years and wont give in to her taunts. She always finds reason and means to give it to me.

Worst is she is in another country and I cant really do much about it.

But what will be will be. We need to be bigger/better person and let it go, as hard as it is.

The Check mate move is to block her.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I have her on Facebook I enabled the content block(she doesn't get informed),

This allows me to not view her posts and comfortably post whatever I want. Once in while ill go look at her photos to see if there something I don't have regarding daughter.

I have taken the point of view that whatsapp not related to immediate needs of my daughter gets ignored at least 1 hour, If a response is required at all as read reports show that I have seen it.

I no longer talk about anything unrelated to my Daughter at all, Ex lies and tries to manipulate me and I don't need that in my life.

She knows now

The Check mate move is to block her.

Indeed, but its the only way I get to see what my kids are up too..

I don't engage in her tirades on SM. She just makes a fool of herself.

No she doesn’t!

She does if she's looking at this thread... Which is very possible

She does if she's looking at this thread... Which is very possible

Which is also very unlikely

Im sure if she suspected this thread existed that she would read it. I highly doubt that's happened though. 

Creepy

It's not creepy dude it's human nature. When you've been with someone for multiple years and suddenly you're not it's human nature to want to see what they're up to. Fist thing I do when I have to check anything about anyone is look them up on social media. Now the hub is a little bit more obscure and discreet, but given his ex wife knows that he's a cyclist she may very well Google cycling forums... And only get one in SA.... And from there it's simple. My username for example is what I use everywhere.. In fact it's my nickname that everyone knows me by.

It's not creepy dude it's human nature. When you've been with someone for multiple years and suddenly you're not it's human nature to want to see what they're up to. Fist thing I do when I have to check anything about anyone is look them up on social media. Now the hub is a little bit more obscure and discreet, but given his ex wife knows that he's a cyclist she may very well Google cycling forums... And only get one in SA.... And from there it's simple. My username for example is what I use everywhere.. In fact it's my nickname that everyone knows me by.

It might be human nature, but social media stalking is still creepy.

Edited by Patchelicious

Which is why I use usernames, nom de plumes and avatars that are not even close to the type of person that I am.