Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

I see it doesn't contain soy, but I'll post this anyway:

Soy contains phytoestrogens called isoflavones that may mimic the activity of the hormone estrogen in your body.

WELL!

And I was just looking at this...

https://www.takealot.com/health-connection-wholefoods-just-protein-just-soy-500g/PLID41381770

So in an attempt to not develop b*tch t*ts, I might go ahead and avoid the soy version...

I think you'll find they're called 'moobs'

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find they're called 'moobs'

I'm sure they have many names, I go by the Fight Club definition  :ph34r:

iMHvo7t.jpg

Edited by TheJ

• 2 weeks later...

I managed my sub 90kg last month weighing in at 89.2 kg . I topped 900km in training and managed a sub  hour 30km ride . Heart rate is constant at 50 resting with a BP of 128/65 and this was confirmed by my physician to day at my 6 monthly visit . The bad news is i had a inguinal hernia ( groin ) removed on thursday so am off my bike for a week until next week when i see the surgeon on Monday . I start training a bit easier but ease into my routine by mid month . I was thinking of resetting my goal of 90 to 85 by year end but then if i don't achieve it im going to be disappointed . What do you think ? 

post-111826-0-19515200-1538421530_thumb.jpg

So after 18 months of maintaining my Diet, watching weight every morning.. winter came..I lost interest and slowly slipped out of routine, first stopped weighing , then slowly started with the naughtiness's.. was 90.4Kg at my last weigh in I did in the beginning of July.. meal portions slowly started increasing again, always hungry again.. 

Decided now that winter is over, time to get good again, back to full Banting. Did a weigh in on Saturday... 93.6Kg,  not the way I wanted to go..

and today's weigh in 92.2Kg . 

Getting back into routine is always the hardest part.. funny how you can slip out of it so easily though..

So after 18 months of maintaining my Diet, watching weight every morning.. winter came..I lost interest and slowly slipped out of routine, first stopped weighing , then slowly started with the naughtiness's.. was 90.4Kg at my last weigh in I did in the beginning of July.. meal portions slowly started increasing again, always hungry again.. 

Decided now that winter is over, time to get good again, back to full Banting. Did a weigh in on Saturday... 93.6Kg,  not the way I wanted to go..

and today's weigh in 92.2Kg . 

Getting back into routine is always the hardest part.. funny how you can slip out of it so easily though..

Exactly the same here, even the numbers.

Decided to stop the rot and started to capturing food intake in MFP again yesterday - its the only thing that seems to keep me on track.

Also watched this today:

Edited by Zatopek

The comment to me which makes the most sense...build one brick at a time...make it perfect...then lay the next one...too many people build something too quickly and it all falls down...put your hand up if you had good intention at the beginning of this year and now heavier than you were in January...it is not easy and never will be easy...you only fail when you stop trying.

Consistency is the key...not the diet....all diets work...we know that as a fact.

2 things that hinder my progress...reward and content...after an 80 km ride on the weekend i always to this day still feel it is my right to eat as i please...because i have earned it...when i reached 100 kg...i felt comfortable and still feel comfortable...which is why the drop from 100 down to 80 is taking so long...the only thing that motivates me to want to loose weight are goals (find your motivation)...some people laugh at me and make comments like... you never going to get  a podium finish...so why are you wasting your time...every pedal stroke on the bicycle...every step i take and every gram i loose is a win in my book.

i will try and just keep trying...the day i stop trying will be the day i go back to being the person i was a couple of years ago...fat...lazy and full of excuses.

I had lost my cycling mojo and with that my  weight loss one.

Still down on my 1 January weight, but well above my April one and now behind the weight loss curve.

Starting again today...

Edited by eddy

The comment to me which makes the most sense...build one brick at a time...make it perfect...then lay the next one...too many people build something too quickly and it all falls down...put your hand up if you had good intention at the beginning of this year and now heavier than you were in January...it is not easy and never will be easy...you only fail when you stop trying.

Consistency is the key...not the diet....all diets work...we know that as a fact.

2 things that hinder my progress...reward and content...after an 80 km ride on the weekend i always to this day still feel it is my right to eat as i please...because i have earned it...when i reached 100 kg...i felt comfortable and still feel comfortable...which is why the drop from 100 down to 80 is taking so long...the only thing that motivates me to want to loose weight are goals (find your motivation)...some people laugh at me and make comments like... you never going to get  a podium finish...so why are you wasting your time...every pedal stroke on the bicycle...every step i take and every gram i loose is a win in my book.

i will try and just keep trying...the day i stop trying will be the day i go back to being the person i was a couple of years ago...fat...lazy and full of excuses.

after 18 months of me reaching or getting close to my monthly goals.. my motivation vanished.. it was getting tougher to find the motivation ..and sometime you need a break.. 

or as my dad says.."everything in moderation including moderation."

but break is now over and I'm back motivated..

and like you I never want to go back to the person i was at the begining of last year.. 128kg Obese, lazy and full of excuses.

I had lost my cycling mojo and with that my  weight loss one.

Still down on my 1 January weight, but well above my April one and now behind the weight loss curve.

Starting again today...

yeah I'm also down from my years start weight but not by much.. started the weekend by my March weight.. at least I'm still fitting into my size 34 pants (although they are not as loose as they could of been)

so this morning was cheat day.

Had a moerse brekkie (croissants, bacon and some scramble eggs with a lot of cheese)

Felt guilty and got on the scale...

weighed in on 90.3kg (another 2,5kg dropped)

Have a week left to shed the 300g before my leave starts...

Then its 2 weeks of steak diet lol

Been a busy few weeks and started doing the keto thing.

Was hard a 1st but kinda enjoying it at the moment

Weighted in this morning at 86.7kg so that was my original target off 88kg achieved.

Next target is 84kg, I think then my wife will start telling me its enough

Been a busy few weeks and started doing the keto thing.

Was hard a 1st but kinda enjoying it at the moment

Weighted in this morning at 86.7kg so that was my original target off 88kg achieved.

Next target is 84kg, I think then my wife will start telling me its enough

I also started the keto thing about 10 days ago. It's a bit of an adjustment but I think I managed to get over the worst of it. Managed to be consistently under 70kg this week, which hasn't happened in years... I honestly love carby food too much to look at this as a long term thing, but a couple of months to lean out are definitely on the cards.

First Thursday yesterday was a bit of a mine field with all the yummy food at the night market.

I had a horrible winter. Was down from 125kg to 99kg by the beginning of March. Then back up to 107kg by the end of August. Now back on 103kg. Adjusted target for the end of the year is 95kg. Originally I wanted to be 95kg at the Karoo2Coast..missed that with around 10kg and could feel it on the climbs! I'll have to find something to keep me motivated

so was rocking at 99.9kg's about three weeks ago

picked up a fantastic virus, and was down for two weeks, with a non existent appetite

have not been able to drink coffee, the smell puts me off completely ... been doing and enjoying black rooibos.

only crave "clean foods" .... my beloved chips and sweets are out the window

portion sizes are smaller, and I am not feeling hungry

weighing in at 93.7kg's last night, and am happy to carry on eating like this .... so let's see where this road takes me to.

Edited by Hairy

so was rocking at 99.9kg's about three weeks ago

picked up a fantastic virus, and was down for two weeks, with a non existent appetite

have not been able to drink coffee, the smell puts me off completely ... been doing and enjoying black rooibos.

only crave "clean foods" .... my beloved chips and sweets are out the window

portion sizes are smaller, and I am not feeling hungry

weighing in at 93.7kg's last night, and am happy to carry on eating like this .... so let's see where this road takes me to.

Well done!!!! Or, rather, happy sickness?

Edited by Cptmayhem