What to do?

"Stevens"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His response:   "I said i'm really sorry   I wont be able to refund you    its just that you will have to get new caps"

not to mention new hoods.  He looked at the wanted list and then phoned me.  I was not home at the time to check his profile and took a chance.  Had my reservations right from the start.

LAY A CHARGE OF FRAUD. 

It is simple, else he will just carry on messing you and the rest around.

two photos attached...........

Yoh! Dis nou skannelik. 

Naming and Shaming? Meh. He clearly doesn't care about his profile reputation.

It should come as no surprise to him if you go this route.

Laying a charge? Seems trivial even by Judge Judy standards.

You need to go straight to the top for this one.

Instill the type of fear and remorse that can only come from one source.

Call his Mom. 

wow if only the "i said im really sorry " defence worked after you turned 8 years old ...

what a gaint douche :wacko:

Logically, if a situation can be fixed, and a person claims to be sorry, then wouldn't they just make it right?

So to me, "I'm sorry" only applies when you can't fix what you've done. 

eg1: "I stole R100 from you wallet. I felt bad. Here is your money back". No need for sorry.  

eg2: "I'm sorry I ran over your cat."  

This situation falls under example 1. Give back the money. 

Edited by TheTashkentTerror

His response:   "I said i'm really sorry   1- I wont be able to refund you    2 - its just that you will have to get new caps"

That is a classy touch up after the guy has just blatantly shafted you. 

1) errr.... why the hell not? #Pitchforktime! 

2) It's just you'll need to get new shifters as that will be cheaper than getting the parts he pointed out, if you can find them. What did he do? Turn his bike onto the hoods to clean it and instead decide it was a better idea to drag it around the drive way for giggles? 

Edited by hellocolour

I know Stevens personally and he is a very reasonable guy...............so, if he is complaining I can assure you he has been DONE negatively! The Hub admin should view this case and make a recommendation on the issue! We are trying to create a secure environment on this bicycle trading site that is safe to do our deals and do not need guys like this seller to misinform or mislead prospective buyers!

Edited by olffie1

Yoh! Dis nou skannelik.

Naming and Shaming? Meh. He clearly doesn't care about his profile reputation.

It should come as no surprise to him if you go this route.

Laying a charge? Seems trivial even by Judge Judy standards.

You need to go straight to the top for this one.

Instill the type of fear and remorse that can only come from one source.

Call his Mom.

Judge Rinder maybe...

I know Stevens personally and he is a very reasonable guy...............so, if he is complaining I can assure you he has been DONE negatively! The Hub admin should view this case and make a recommendation on the issue! We are trying to create a secure environment on this bicycle trading site that is safe to do our deals and do not need guys like this seller to misinform or mislead prospective buyers!

absolutely!! hence name him, and he should be banned from selling anything on here!!

When a hubber contacts you about a product you want, and you request a photo, make the deal, pay, and

when this product arrives its nowhere near what the condition as indicated by the photo which was sent to you.

This person then refuses to refund you and take the product back.

What do you do?

Ping us the sellers details. The team will look into his hub account.

Personally, I do not see any form of amicable outcome here. Posting pics taken from another site and then sending damaged goods, is pretty darn close to scam. Unless the seller gives you the money back.