Steinhoff - How does this affect Sani2C?

RABUBI

Saw yesterday Steinhoff ended all sports sponsorships. With KAP being part of Steinhoff, I assume they are on the lookout for new sponsors?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is that also bye bye to the Varsity cup, varsity shield and internal league?!

Hectic....

I reckon these tournaments will get new sponsors quickly and go on.

Yeah, they're not really grassroots / small tournaments & events. 

Steinhoff was a headline sponsor, sure, but there's tremendous exposure for a replacement in all of them. Chief amongst which - Varsity Cup. Joh. Tremendous exposure. 

It's big big big money... They sponsor all the kit for all the varsity Internal league teams, the main teams, the running of the event, the travel etc.... I'm not sure another sponsor will go in with such vigor.

ha... I suppose Oakbay resources and KPMG are out too!

So is that also bye bye to the Varsity cup, varsity shield and internal league?!

Hectic.... 

Pulled out of Varsity Cup as well. They were joint headline sponsor with FNB, so FNB will still run with it.

As for Sani2C, I am sure KAP will continue with their sponsor. Quite a few Steinhoff subsidiaries already raised their own finance/capital to continue operating as stand alone entities.

I heard Markus Jooste will be standing at the waterpoints selling giving away Steinhoff shares

Selling means that somebody is buying, only people stupid enough to buy Steinhoff at the moment are all on Twitter being Cryptomaniacs....

It's big big big money... They sponsor all the kit for all the varsity Internal league teams, the main teams, the running of the event, the travel etc.... I'm not sure another sponsor will go in with such vigor.

They started sponsoring the US in the early 2000's. I remember my res got the short end of the deal and I had a BIG Bull Brand Bully Beef logo on my rugby jersey....

They started sponsoring the US in the early 2000's. I remember my res got the short en of the deal and I had a BIG Bull Brand Bully Beef logo on my rugby jersey....

Maybe more appropriate......just be careful of the ethnic group that display the logo . The Ladies-in-Red might have an issue.

I think the way in which steinhoff was throwing a lot of money at a lot of things might have contributed to their need for creative accounting.

And I agree, it will leave a void at the lower levels like koshuisrugby, but I reckon the sporting machine will roll on with other people throwing money at it.

Wonder if CSA ever considered asking steinhoff for a sponsorship? But looking at how they ran things, they would have screwed that up as well.

Archived